 General / 18487
Re: A new scan for 371 (some proof?)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 24 May 2000 18:54:19 GMT

In lugnet.general, Gary R. Istok writes:

Jason Proksch wrote:

<major snippage>

I am now leaning more toward the first 2 options. Perhaps the poor quality
reflects Samsonites inability to match lego's quality. Come to think of it, my
#717? Samsonite has some errors (or inconsistencies) in its instructions as
well.

Did someone say "Junior Constructor"?  Set 717..... from 1961-64.  Is that the one
you are talking about Jason (by the way, glad you decided to "de-lurk").  If so, are
you talking about the earlier gabled house (1961-62) or the later flat roofed house
(1963-64) version of the Junior Constructor?  I always thought the building
instructions were only on the inside lid of the box.  Do you have other instructions
to this set?  (Note: I first got the later version of thiis set as a kid in 1963, my
mother threw away the box, and I obtained another complete set on EBAY in 1998.)
Also, the (Samsonite only) Junior Constructor was the first model kit LEGO ever sold
(it was not part of the Town Plan).

Gary Istok

My set is the flat roofed one. I know very little about it but got it on ebay
last year pretty cheap $20-30. I only have the instructions on the box (I would
assume that is the only instructions included) Do you mean to say this is the
very first model kit of legos? Or do you mean the first in the US?
What do you think it is worth?
I built the house, but it is pretty difficult from the 4 or 5 pictures provided
(along with a few mistakes).

Jason Proksch
PS I have to get back to all the 371 messages I missed over the last few days...