 General / 18351
Re: A new scan for 371 (doubting on fake or real)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 18 May 2000 21:40:30 GMT

In lugnet.general, Jason Proksch writes:

PS While I have the attention of classic experts. I have some Samsonite 60's • era
legos with variations I would like confirmed. I have a 334 with a RED 1x6
transport piece. And, I have a 343 Ferry boat with RED windows. I almost 100%
sure these are complete and original, but I am looking for support. (Besides,
what other set had a 1x6 RED transport piece)

Thanks,
Jason
(aka. jasonpro1, jplego)

Hi Jason,

I'm just a half expert on old sets, since I'm too young for those really old
sets out of the 60ies, and I live in Europe, so I have kno knowledge on
Samsonite era.

But as far as I know I have never seen a red 6x1x1 brick with "TRANSPORT". But
I do remember seeing a 343 ferry boat with red windows some time ago on the
net. But I'm not sure if that was a oficcial set or just a fan made imitation.

Regards,

Ben

Who sold the 371 instruction? Has that guy a name and can he tell something
about the most rare building instruction on earth? After 36 hours nobody
who have has heared of that set: that makes me more sceptical again.
I was nearly accepting it as a regular TLG paper yesterday, but now the doubts
grow again.....