 General / 18322
Re: A new scan for 371 (doubting on fake or real)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 17 May 2000 22:52:34 GMT

For those of you in the general public, I posted all 8 pages of
the instructions on:

http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/4976/

Sorry for the hideous page colors... It was left over from an
early web design attempt.

After I saw the rest of the building instruction, I'm totally
doubting.

I never saw a so badly drawn building instruction! Compare the
wheels in the steps three and four.

http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/4976/0371-03.jpg

Looks really like drawn by hand. But that's a fact which makes
me believe in that instruction even more.

To be honest, it isn't a fake.  Unless some one created fake
instructions & sold them to me on eBay... but I got them along
other instructions that _are_ up on Brickshelf, and a copy
of Yellow Castle instructions (which I was really going after
at the time).

However, the non-instruction parts (or the live photos) of other
sets 331/332/333 included this copy of #371 along with the other
large vehicles.  They are slightly different from the ones posted
on Kevin's site -- I'll scan them in tonight after work and post
them on the same page (see above) tomorrow.

Or the white 2x3x0.33 plates in step seven: even in the idea
books there are no such low quality drawings.

http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/4976/0371-04.jpg

But where's the battery box? At least there's a way for the
cables to the motor contacts.

I thought the drawings were a little crude at first also.  But
then again, I have fairly limited knowledge pre-80's sets.

Also, I'm not familiar with the battery box included
in the instructions -- I think I have something similar, but
in black... I need to check.

I'm really confused about that building instruction and have
never seen somthing similar before....

I'm wondering if the quality has something to do that it might
be a Samsonite set?

--Mike.