 General / 18371
Re: A new scan for 371 (some proof?)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 19 May 2000 19:15:45 GMT

Mark Koesel wrote:

I never previously doubted, nor do I now doubt that you actually
have the instructions in your possession.

Sorry.  No offence/hostility intended.

What I do doubt is that they are instructions from any actual
Lego set.  These are either created (somewhat poorly) by a fan,
as an internal TLG prototype, or by some "knock-off" company.

Note that, I also contend that whoever did create the instructions
almost certainly did so by trying to copy the picture of the model;
the instructions are too error-laiden to have been created by the
same fan that created the original model.

I like the idea that suggested these were created in a paint
program.  That would explain the lack of consistency throughout
the steps.

They are printed, with the same 'feel' as the 331/332/333
instructions.  They don't feel like they were printed out on a
color printer on glossy paper -- say at Kinko's or something --
they're very much have an 'old' feel to them.

I agree, looking at it now, there are several errors, missing
steps & very difficult reading what parts should be used (ie.
could it had be intended that it was a 2x2 plate instead of a
2x2 L plate? but because of the bad drawing, it looks to us
like a 2x2 L plate?)

Now as the to TLG prototype, is there any wat to give the Form
number at the bottom of the last page to TLG and have them
verify it?

Michael, where did you say you got the instructions again -- an
Ebay auction was it?  Why not encourage the seller to participate
in this discussion?

Sorry, it's probably been 4-6 months since I won the instructions,
not to mention I don't remember who I won them from without doing
some major searching...  That and it seemed like they didn't
collect LEGO; maybe found them at a garage sell & sold them to
me...  But I'll look.

--Mike.