 General / 18334
18333  |  18335
Subject:
US/Samsonite set? (Re: A new scan for 371 (doubting on fake or real)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 18 May 2000 22:30:57 GMT

Michael Huffman wrote in message <392322B2.59C6C064@mindspring.com>...

I'm really confused about that building instruction and have
never seen somthing similar before....

I'm wondering if the quality has something to do that it might
be a Samsonite set?

Yes, I agree, my feeling is that this is a Samsonite set, or at least a
US-only set. I'm no expert on old sets, but isn't putting a descriptive name
in _English_ on the picture A) a little odd for an
internationally-distributed set, and B) something that occurred frequently
in U.S. sets? I have a Galaxy Explorer box and instructions from the U.S.
which have the name "Galaxy Explorer" on the main box and instruction
picture. I don't think that I've _ever_ seen this on a set that came from
outside the U.S.

Cheers,
Paul
LUGNET member 164