 General / 18319
Re: A new scan for 371 (fake?)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 17 May 2000 19:13:13 GMT

In lugnet.general, Will Hess writes:
I'd have to agree that this is a fake.  My reasons:
1)  Instructions are too crude, even by 60's standards.  Also, have a look
at the following URL...it's supposed to be another page from the same
booklet but the quality is many times greater!

Yes, because that's a set sold in whole europe (probably made in Denmark),
while set 371 might be UK only... I know thats a weak argument.

Is that enough to convince any fence sitters?

Have you notices the 3studs over edge plate in step one? In the next step thatt
might be a 2x2x0.33 and in the third a 1x1x0.33 plus a 2x1x0.33 combination....

Why is there a wheel used as bogie, although there heve been the 4x4x1
turntables (like used in 1966th set 113?

Why no 6x24 plates, but two 6x12 ones?

A lot of questions and no reaction from the one who "scanned" the set....

totally confused,

Ben