 General / 18320
18319  |  18321
Subject:
Interesting Lego bricks, and a question to the historians
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 17 May 2000 18:45:48 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

Hello all!

Today I received a very nice gift (as 'payment' for my BlockCAD program) -
three _very_ old Lego bricks. They came in a letter from Denmark, and the
sender writes (Translated by me from Danish)

"The bricks are about 50 years old, some of the very first Lego Billund made.
We got them in 1949(?) for our oldest daughter, who is 54 now. I had to write
to the factory for them, as there wasn't any store carrying Lego in the
neighborhood!"

I got three bricks, 2x4, white, yellow and red, and there are some intriguing
differences between them:

None of them has any text on the studs,
the red one has a slit (the wall is completely cut through) in both short
ends, no text anywhere
the yellow has a slit in one end, and no text
the white has a slit in one end, and the word LEGO on the inside

Is it possible to date these pieces by the differences, or is this just a
difference in concurrent molds?

Any historian out there with some facts/speculations?

As a side note, I now know for a fact that BlockCAD is used by people of the
ages 4-80 :-)

--
Anders Isaksson, Sweden
Gallery:   http://user.tninet.se/~hbh828t/gallery.htm