 General / 18330
Re: Interesting Lego bricks, and a question to the historians
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 17 May 2000 22:06:43 GMT

"Anders Isaksson" <isaksson.etuna@REMOVEebox.tninet.se> wrote in message
Alan Demlow skrev i meddelandet ...
The slots were for the doors and windows available at the time, • apparently.

Yes, my wife just told me :-) "Why didn't you ask ME first" she says, and • goes
and fetches a plastic bag with about 50 of these old bricks!!! She belives
they are from the beginning of 1950, as that matches the age of her • cousin,
who gave them to her when she was little.

The bricks are Automatic Binding Bricks, see:
http://members.brabant.chello.nl/~f.buiting/lego/a.html
AFAIK: The period of production is 1949 to 1957 (in 1958 the current version
of the bricks were patented).

--
Frank Buiting

Visit the LEGO Lexicon: http://members.chello.nl/~f.buiting/lego/