 Trains / 26263 (-100)
  4512 Cargo Train, Dk Grey or Dk Bley?

Does anyone know whether this set comes with the older colors or the newer colors? Particularly the track? thanks, Jonathan (19 years ago, 9-Dec-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Supertrain

Recently I got my old collection back from my parents house, and a nice surprise was that there was an old MOC in there. (URL) It's somekind of supertrain, maxibus, fantasy vehicle. (URL) To make my old original sets complete again, I had to take it (...) (19 years ago, 8-Dec-05, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad, lugnet.announce.moc, FTX)

  Re: Shinkansen 700T - Taiwanese model

(...) When you showed me the pics of the real thing I wasn't sure it would be that easy to reproduce in Lego, but you have done it in what is actually a fairly simple but very convincing build. But its EIGHT WIDE ;-) Tim (19 years ago, 8-Dec-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Shinkansen 700T - Taiwanese model

Well, after recieving an email from John Barnes with a pic of a Shinkansen, I decided that I had to have a go at one. Wanting a quick build I decided to go for the 700T the Taiwanese released Shinkansen. See it (URL) here>. (2 URLs) BS gallery> (...) (19 years ago, 7-Dec-05, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.jp, lugnet.loc.tw, lugnet.announce.moc, FTX) !!

  Re: Japan Rail EF64

(...) Well, I've never noticed that before..... Thanks for pointing it out :D (19 years ago, 7-Dec-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Japan Rail EF64

In lugnet.trains, Timothy Gould wrote: ... (...) Hello Tim, In the case of BBB 6002, I just placed the middle bogie free under the loco, with plates on top. There are two rubber bands linking this central bogie to the two others. It keeps the (...) (19 years ago, 7-Dec-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Japan Rail EF64

(...) There are currently Bo-Bo-Bo (or B-B-B) locos running in France, the Chunnel shuttle locos (URL) Tim (19 years ago, 7-Dec-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Japan Rail EF64

(...) Thanks for the information Phillipe. (...) That's a great BBB solution. In mine the train is only attached by the middle segment and the other two move (quite far out around corners by some CAD tests I did). Shifting the centre one reduces (...) (19 years ago, 7-Dec-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Japan Rail EF64

(...) Hello, AFAIK, the BBB loco type is mainly used in Italy, Switzerland and... Japan :) at the moment. The debate around CC or BBB loco types is a long lasting one around railways engineers (BTW I'm not one of them). CC type is technically (...) (19 years ago, 7-Dec-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  First Night Columbus teaser mini display

On December 31, from 7 PM - sometime after midnight (happy new year!), COLTC will display at the First Night Columbus celebration. (2 URLs) This is a city-wide event, with many bands and artists performing. We will have a beautiful room to ourselves (...) (19 years ago, 7-Dec-05, to lugnet.town, lugnet.events, lugnet.trains, FTX) !

  GFLTC at the SMRC Train Show - Dec. 10-11, 2005

For Immediate Release Contact: Robin Werner robinw A_T gfltc D-O-T org MANATEE COUNTY, FLORIDA - The Greater Florida LEGO Train Club (GFLTC) is proud to announce its participation in the Sarasota Model Railroad Club (SMRC) Holiday Train Show this (...) (19 years ago, 7-Dec-05, to lugnet.events, lugnet.fun.community, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.loc.us.fl, lugnet.org.us.gflug)

  Re: Japan Rail EF64

(...) I founded .trains in this thread: (URL) here in 1815...just after the rail house was completed> (...) I'd like to borrow some of your techniques so I can build 49 of the EF64's plus key colored left mini-fig arms, and street lights, in to the (...) (19 years ago, 7-Dec-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Japan Rail EF64

(...) Is this your first post in .trains Eric? ;) Thanks! Tim (19 years ago, 7-Dec-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Japan Rail EF64

(...) Thanks. I don't know what it pulls actually. If you have any idea (ie. links ;)) I'd be happy to make some cars to go with it. Tim (19 years ago, 7-Dec-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Japan Rail EF64

(...) The real ones are quite wide (for a Japanese train). The length is too short but I have something against Lego trains that go beyond 36 or so studs, they always look too long to me so I always compress the 'belly' a bit. (...) Afraid I don't (...) (19 years ago, 7-Dec-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Japan Rail EF64

(...) Look very good apart form the aspect ratio. Are the real ones really wide or really low? The base is cleverly done though :) Any idea how the real ones work as I've never seen 3 bogies stock before. (19 years ago, 6-Dec-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Japan Rail EF64

(...) Nice work Tim!. I love the details. And I am an especial fan of Japanese trains so this one's even more special for me. Can't wait to see more matching cars, if they are in the plan. JB (19 years ago, 6-Dec-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Japan Rail EF64

(...) -snip- (...) -snip- (...) WOW what eye candy! Excellent! e (19 years ago, 6-Dec-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Japan Rail EF64

Hi all, Just uploaded another train, this time a Japanese (URL). This had been sitting on my computer for ages as I had a couple of problems with it, one of which was the door which I've now fixed using the fence offsetting techniques discussed (...) (19 years ago, 6-Dec-05, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.jp, lugnet.announce.moc, FTX) !!

  Re: Implecations of 6 LEGO Units Thick Fence

(...) (snip) (...) Oooh, thanks, Mat! later, James Mathis (19 years ago, 6-Dec-05, to lugnet.build.arch, lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Hang time in Tokyo

(...) Thank you for these pictures. It's nice to see you visiting us all around the world :) In fact it was surprising to see you in japan a very few days (hours?) after the Portland LEGO store display! Do you have news from Kelly ? :D Didier (...) (19 years ago, 6-Dec-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Hang time in Tokyo

I just wanted to say publicly thanks to the members of EJLTC that so warmly welcomed me in Tokyo this week. I had a great time at the LEGO store and afterwards at a 3 hour dinner and show & tell. We all didn't speak the same language on one level (...) (19 years ago, 6-Dec-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Implecations of 6 LEGO Units Thick Fence

(...) If you center the fence on a jumper plates, you can acheive 1-LU or 5-LU inset. I do something similar with technic bricks centered on jumper plates to acheive 2-LU insets. Mat (...) (19 years ago, 6-Dec-05, to lugnet.build.arch, lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Track layout design software.

WOW, you guys are really on the ball. Many thanks for the really fast responses. Gaz. "Gary Tabener" <g.tabener@ntlworld.com> wrote in message news:IqyyCq.1B46@lugnet.com... (...) it? (...) (19 years ago, 5-Dec-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Track layout design software.

(...) Right, this is the registry I worked on for Track Designer. It's not complete yet but is still much more than the original one. BTW, the picture Gary was refering to shows TrackDraw, the other software. Pierre (19 years ago, 5-Dec-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Track layout design software.

(...) It is created with TrackDraw (found here (URL) which is still alpha software but definitely pretty usable. ROSCO (19 years ago, 5-Dec-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Track layout design software.

(...) (URL) (19 years ago, 5-Dec-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Track layout design software.

(...) Apparently the source code for this program was lost many years ago. Attempts to retrienve said source code have been futile at best. There is good news though. Pierre Normandin has made an extensive library of registry elements for this (...) (19 years ago, 5-Dec-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Track layout design software.

(...) This should be what your looking for, its called Track Designer. (URL) been around for many years now, although I dont think there has been much recent development. (correct me if I am wrong.) Dave www.GPLR.org (19 years ago, 5-Dec-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Track layout design software.

Hi all, I was just browsing Brickshelf and came across this: (URL) someone please tell me what software this is and where I could get it? Many thanks. Gary. (19 years ago, 4-Dec-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Fox News Story on Adults Addicted to LEGO

Does anyone know about the Fox News Broadcast that is being aired tonight at 5:00 in Washington, DC? The story has been teased a few times yesterday and the story appears to be a negative story about adults that are addicted to LEGO. I really have (...) (19 years ago, 5-Dec-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Pictures from Legoworld

Jason J Railton schreef: (...) Love that Shire horse! (URL) (19 years ago, 5-Dec-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Pictures from Legoworld

I've finally organised my pictures from Legoworld, back in October. Brikshelf link is this once moderated: (URL) Some previews, starting with my model of the actual Royal Train - the train and the windmill layout all had to fit in airline luggage: (...) (19 years ago, 4-Dec-05, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.events.legoworld, lugnet.space, lugnet.town, lugnet.castle, FTX) !

  Re: A motorized railway crane

In lugnet.trains, Timothy Gould wrote: ... (...) Hello Tim and all, The videos are ready now. Sorry for the poor quality, I have only a 2Mpx camera which makes 15s movies maximum. This is why there are 18 movies totalizing 4,5 minutes of video. Each (...) (19 years ago, 4-Dec-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: did anyone ever post pictures of The LEGO® Millyard Project phase 4?

(...) Sorry Ondrew, we posted pictures but we seem to have overlooked the writeup. Let me give it a try... Phase IV was divided into 2 parts. One was held in Manchester NH the other was held in Enfield CT. The Manchester build completed the major (...) (19 years ago, 3-Dec-05, to lugnet.org.us.nelug, lugnet.trains)

  did anyone ever post pictures of The LEGO® Millyard Project phase 4?

Hey guys, I was looking through some pictures tonight, looking for ideas and it dawned on me that I don't recall anyone posting pictures of The LEGO® Millyard Project phase 4. Did anyone post pictures/ a summery of what happened that weekend? The (...) (19 years ago, 3-Dec-05, to lugnet.org.us.nelug, lugnet.trains, lugnet.town)

  Re: Implecations of 6 LEGO Units Thick Fence

(...) Hi James, I shifted my response to .build.schleim so you may have missed it ((URL) here>). If you use technic rods you can obtain infinite resolution with firmness by using part 4265 to hold it in place. That will work with my solution using (...) (19 years ago, 2-Dec-05, to lugnet.build.arch, lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Implecations of 6 LEGO Units Thick Fence

(...) Here two odd-valued off-stud-alignment, or odd-stud-alignment (OSA?), of (URL) and 7 LEGO Units shown as potential train door insets>. Other ways to achieve this 3 and 7-lu OSA? Of course, there are always the clever ways of using clips (...) (19 years ago, 2-Dec-05, to lugnet.build.arch, lugnet.trains, FTX)

  LEGO Store Display Install in Portland: Oh, The Drama

So here's the lowdown... The local LEGO train club (GPLR) was invited to participate in a pilot program to set up a display inside one of the cases at our local LEGO Brand store. We're one of three clubs participating, and the last one to install (...) (19 years ago, 2-Dec-05, to lugnet.general, lugnet.trains, FTX) !!

  A most enjoyable gallery by MIJasper

I have enjoyed this (URL) by MIJasper>. Several new train models recently. Good models, good pictures, and fun minifigure posturing! later, James Mathis (19 years ago, 2-Dec-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Implecations of 6 LEGO Units Thick Fence

(...) This construction is incredible! Erik, brilliant. Thanks for recalling that to my attention. later, James Mathis (19 years ago, 2-Dec-05, to lugnet.build.arch, lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Molten sulfur tank car

(...) Part 30602 (URL) Tim (19 years ago, 2-Dec-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Molten sulfur tank car

(...) Your best bet it to look through Bricklink. That is where I purchased most of my slopes. But to answer you question, they come in alot of the Racer sets. The first ones I got were from a small helicopter set. They are showing up more and more (...) (19 years ago, 2-Dec-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Implecations of 6 LEGO Units Thick Fence

(...) Hi James, It's not quite SNOT but there are two ideas (URL) here>. Also check out (URL) this thread> which is where I got the idea of using that part from. I think it is a great part and I thank Erik for bringing it to my attention for SNOT (...) (19 years ago, 1-Dec-05, to lugnet.build.arch, lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Implecations of 6 LEGO Units Thick Fence

What constructions can follow from (URL) this 6 LEGO Unit fence part>? I haven't fussed with ideas, yet, but I wonder if there are some new stud-offsets to be found with this 6LU thick fence. Train doors and engine vents always come to mind, but (...) (19 years ago, 1-Dec-05, to lugnet.build.arch, lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Molten sulfur tank car

(...) I have seen these curved bricks before but which sets do you get them in. Can you give a link to Peeron? Thanks, David (19 years ago, 1-Dec-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: GPLR - Portland LEGO Store Diorama

(...) Here are the rest of my pictures of the BayLUG display: (URL) (19 years ago, 1-Dec-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 3x1 curved slope available in dark bluish gray

(...) This is great news, as I can almost finish my GP38 done in Alaskan colors. (URL) needs 4 of the 1x1x2/3 slopes in yellow and blue for the front. Also another racer set (8668) comes with 2 of the the Wedge 4 x 4 x 2/3 Triple Curved in blue. (...) (19 years ago, 1-Dec-05, to lugnet.parts, lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: 3x1 curved slope available in dark bluish gray

(...) I picked up the 8666 the other day, and it does indeed have 8 of these bricks in black! (URL) As well as 6 of the 1x1 slope peice in yellow. (URL) The set is called the "tuner X". (URL) I've submitted images and a parts list to peeron, but you (...) (19 years ago, 30-Nov-05, to lugnet.parts, lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: GPLR - Portland LEGO Store Diorama

(...) Yes great display guy's... While I was wondering why Chris was dodgeing us on this one we did get a window in place the weekend before Thanksgiving. No where near as vertical as yours but it has a holiday theme and we used some of the stores (...) (19 years ago, 30-Nov-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: It's back! Long-Lost Jetpack Element Now Being Produced...

(...) I'm just a little horrified that you opened up your advent calendar before December. I've been wanting to for two months already, but I've patiently been waiting. It's okay. I love you anyway. (19 years ago, 30-Nov-05, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: GPLR - Portland LEGO Store Diorama

(...) :) Thank you. (...) Basically, yes. There's some small amount of play in there, but that's the size I measured with the store manager. (...) The word from the corporate office was to make sure it was professional, appealing, and reflected (...) (19 years ago, 30-Nov-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: GPLR - Portland LEGO Store Diorama

Hi Chris, No kidding, that aspect ratio is a hard nut to crack for a train club. It took me a while to get my head around how to approach it. I would have liked to have a christmas tree in there, but the muse didn't call on me that night. It also (...) (19 years ago, 30-Nov-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: GPLR - Portland LEGO Store Diorama

Kelly is GPLR's liason with the store manager and he might have more info on this. But it is my understanding that it is our space to do with what we want. Of course we must consider the audiance; a public forum frequented by children. So the quick (...) (19 years ago, 30-Nov-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: GPLR - Portland LEGO Store Diorama

(...) Very nice! (...) Are these the inner case dimensions? ie: the build area? Were there any parameters or limits (aside from the display size) that you had to adhere to? Or, was it totally up to you what you created and displayed? Were you (...) (19 years ago, 30-Nov-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Adventurer's Train Update

About a year ago, I posted my (URL) Train>. While getting ready for an upcoming train show(1), I realized that Johnny and Pippin had vehicles for land and sea travel, but no air support. This called for an addition. And so, the Canary was built. (...) (19 years ago, 30-Nov-05, to lugnet.adventurers, lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Dutch DD-IRM

Hi Everyone Just wanted to share a few photos of my recent build of James Mathis' Dutch DD-IRM "Regiorunner". (URL) Brickshelf gallery here: (URL) James' original gallery here: (URL) My version has a black roofline and detailing purely because of (...) (19 years ago, 30-Nov-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Need help with12v/4.5v SWITCH TRACK

Very good. The operation is just exactly like LIONEL switch points! The power for the switch point motor must be routed through the metal center rails - coming from the transformer. Does the transformer need to be at full throttle or do the points (...) (19 years ago, 29-Nov-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: GPLR - Portland LEGO Store Diorama

(...) Great display! NELUG has been asked to do one too, but I have shied away from that responsibility because of the shape of the window. Vertical displays scare me :( but you have really pulled it off! Now, I am almost inspired to design a (...) (19 years ago, 29-Nov-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Need help with12v/4.5v SWITCH TRACK

(...) Only the 753/754 point sets had remote controlled switches, operated by the blue and red 2x7 controls. The wires were fixed to the switched, but additional extension cables were available. The later 755 point set had manual controlled switches (...) (19 years ago, 29-Nov-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Need help with12v/4.5v SWITCH TRACK

THANKS Niels! I am looking to add 2 remote switch points to my 4.5v layout: blue AND grey track all through the house! I guess you would also know: are the early 753/754 point sets the only ones that use the blue and red 2x7 control? (peeron ref. (...) (19 years ago, 29-Nov-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: GPLR - Portland LEGO Store Diorama

Ha! You didn't see the way cool Mega Block -New Dark Gray- stone shaped bricks in the house foundation! ;) Not really... but I have long since believed that anything is fair game. I have seen prototypes of LEGO sets with painted and mutilated (...) (19 years ago, 28-Nov-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: GPLR - Portland LEGO Store Diorama

(...) Second the motion. Had a great time. (...) No sneaking, we asked TLG, I have been told it should not be a problem. Famous last words? I hope not. Now, if we get lots of people asking about the wheels, that's a great problem to have. Right, (...) (19 years ago, 28-Nov-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: GPLR - Portland LEGO Store Diorama

(...) Very nice! As a former LIC employee, I find it interesting that they let you use non-Lego (gasp!) wheels from BigBenBricks.com. I can't imagine the number of people that will ask "where can I buy this train?" Or, did you just sneak that past (...) (19 years ago, 28-Nov-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  GPLR - Portland LEGO Store Diorama

Sneak peak of the GPLR (Greater Portland LEGO Railroaders) diorama for the Portland LEGO store. Kelly McK and I worked on this for about 8 hours over the long Thanksgiving weekend. It is sure nice to actually get my fingers on the brick. It is very (...) (19 years ago, 28-Nov-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX) !

  Re: SCLTC fourth annual winter show at SDMRRM starts Tuesday

(...) FYI, this layout is also featuring some animation besides trains. There's a large windmill farm, a ferris wheel and a running narrow gauge train(4 wide track as oppossed to 6 wide). (...) Mat (19 years ago, 28-Nov-05, to lugnet.trains.org.scltc, lugnet.org.us.lugola, lugnet.org.us.sandlug, lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Need help with12v/4.5v SWITCH TRACK

(...) A 4.5v battery car runs through any 12v track (including switches and crossings) without any problem. This is true for both the 4.5v battery car as well as the old bricks with button which had to be mounted under the motor (from the time the (...) (19 years ago, 28-Nov-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: QR Citytrain

(...) Thanks Richard. I hope the one you travelled on wasn't too grubby :P Michael (19 years ago, 28-Nov-05, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.au, FTX)

  Re: QR Citytrain

(...) Thanks! I guess I don't build trains much because I'm more used to building from my imagination... trying to copy something from real life is a whole different challenge. Michael (19 years ago, 28-Nov-05, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.au, FTX)

  Help me convert this train program to use events (NQC)

For Christmas I'm setting up a LEGO train on top of a narrow wall, so it has to operate like a shuttle -- stop at each end and reverse motor direction. My first attempt had a train regulator attached to a polarity switch, with the switch being (...) (19 years ago, 28-Nov-05, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc, lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: QR Citytrain

(...) Veeeeeeery very nice. Had occasion to travel on one of these recently, and you've captured it beautifully. Nice work. Richard Still baldly going... (19 years ago, 28-Nov-05, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.au, FTX)

  Re: Molten sulfur tank car

(...) I just saw this the other day while skimming Brickshelf. There are little details like the Green 1x1 plate. I take it thats the info placard? The steering wheel on the side is a nice touch. I already have plans to update my tank cars. Keep up (...) (19 years ago, 27-Nov-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: A motorized railway crane

In lugnet.trains, Timothy Gould wrote: SNIP (...) Hello Tim, I wanted to do these videos this week-end, but I'm unable to find my battery loader :) Impossible to use the camera yet. I don't forget your request and will try to do it ASAP. Philippe. (19 years ago, 27-Nov-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Apartment Block model: new pictures, new kit coming

(...) to do the same layout for each. You have very nice models (...) Thanks Janey. My rationale was that this is an older building, pre-war, and so the interiors would have been remodeled, probably at different times by different people, and would (...) (19 years ago, 27-Nov-05, to lugnet.town, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Molten sulfur tank car

(...) This design fits in well with your ultrashort aesthetic, and could easily be lengthened to suit those with a desire for larger cars. Other cars that use the basic curvature idea for using this piece have been shared before, (for example (URL) (...) (19 years ago, 27-Nov-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Molten sulfur tank car

(...) Wow! Great use of those curved slopes! I didn't know they could be put together that way to make a circular shape. I might borrow that one. Very nice! Peace and Long Life, Tony Alexander (19 years ago, 27-Nov-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Molten sulfur tank car

Based on a design by David VinZant, yet small enough to operate on any layout... (URL) always, comments and constructive criticism are welcome. -HRH (19 years ago, 27-Nov-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Need help with12v/4.5v SWITCH TRACK

HI! I would like to know: will the 4.5v train battery car will run through an old blue 12v switch track, #753 #754 or #755? Will the switch on the bottom of the battery car clear the 12v rails without shutting off the engine thereby stopping the (...) (19 years ago, 27-Nov-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Apartment Block model: new pictures, new kit coming

(...) LOL, Hi Kev. (...) Janey "Red Brick" (19 years ago, 27-Nov-05, to lugnet.town, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.trains)

  custom track on SALE!!!

Hey all, Well the holidays are here again so this can only mean 1 thing. YEP it’s time for a SALE!! Starting today and running until Christmas “Dec. 25th” anyone ordering track will receive 10% off all labor. To top that I have also decided to knock (...) (19 years ago, 27-Nov-05, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.announce, lugnet.trains, lugnet.town, FTX)

  Apartment Block model: new pictures, new kit coming

Some people here may remember that I built a 3story "red brick" (hi Janey) apartment block model a few years ago and posted pictures. I recently finished rebuilding it with a view to turning it into a custom kit, and I just posted a lot of new (...) (19 years ago, 26-Nov-05, to lugnet.town, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.trains)

  Re: QR Citytrain

(...) wow. nice detailing and snot construction. very cool. it's too bad you don't build more trains, the community could learn alot from you. ondrew (19 years ago, 26-Nov-05, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.au, FTX)

  Re: My little Holiday setup. UPDATE!

(...) Ok I took some time and redesigned the layout. This time I built the platform larger, and add some presents near the tree. You can see Santa sitting is his chair. There is a long line of people waiting to get a present. There is a group of (...) (19 years ago, 26-Nov-05, to lugnet.trains)

  QR Citytrain

I'm not much of a train builder, but no Brisbane Lego fan is quite complete until they've at least had a stab at one of these, so here I go. (2 URLs) Thanks to the train boys of Jchat; without their constructive criticism I would have significantly (...) (19 years ago, 25-Nov-05, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.au, FTX)

  Re: Alco-like Cuban Sugar Train

(...) Hey, That is a great looking engine. The whole mismatched sand blue-blay thing adds a bit of realism to it. After all, most engines aren't the most beautifully maintianed :) Chris (19 years ago, 25-Nov-05, to lugnet.trains)

  My little Holiday setup.

Hello all. I wanted to setup a small layout for the Holidays. So I picked up a few of the advent calenders and some of the tree sets. It took four trees to make the large version. I am happy with how it turned out. If I had some more parts I would (...) (19 years ago, 25-Nov-05, to lugnet.trains)

  S@H 4515 Straight Rails Color

Has anyone purchased 4515 recently from S@H? If so, are they in new dark gray? Thanks! Dustin (19 years ago, 25-Nov-05, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Alco-like Cuban Sugar Train

--SNIP-- (...) Hi Jonathan, Glad you like it. If you really do plan to build it, I suggest you check out (URL) here> for the proper instructions for the grille. The one in the train MPD is incomplete. Tim (19 years ago, 24-Nov-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: A motorized railway crane

(...) --SNIP-- (...) Hi Phillipe, Do you have any movies of it in action? I imagine it is really impressive to watch. I really, really love the tapering effect of the boom (if that is the right word). Nice instructions too ;) Tim (19 years ago, 24-Nov-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  A motorized railway crane

Hello, I am Happy to share this Railway crane with you. It is a crane in 6 studs wide. It has two technic motor inside the cabin (rotation and boom raising) and one micromotor in the boom for service hook operations. It goes with a closed coach to (...) (19 years ago, 23-Nov-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX) !

  Re: A double crossover

(...) levers, i don't need no stinkin levers =) seriously though i have a pile of well over 40 of those little levers that i never use. there a waist of time and they just draw attention at train shows. there like magnets for kiddy hands. besides (...) (19 years ago, 23-Nov-05, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.parts.custom)

  Re: Alco-like Cuban Sugar Train

(...) I like it a lot and just love the color scheme. Even the dark bley cab roof. All the colors work very well. I wil be giving this a brick build attempt quite soon. Best, Jonathan (19 years ago, 22-Nov-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Alco-like Cuban Sugar Train

(...) I forgot to mention in the post (and to X-post to .schleim) that I've added the grille work separately to BS to make it easier to see the technique. You can find it in this (URL). Tim (19 years ago, 22-Nov-05, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.build.schleim, FTX)

  Re: Alco-like Cuban Sugar Train

(...) That grille work is excellent with the fence parts used to create a thin vertical line segment between the protruding grilles. Thanks for highlighting this bit of detail work. Really nice! later, James Mathis (19 years ago, 22-Nov-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: A double crossover

(...) First, wow. That is a gorgeous switch. I must admit I was a bit amused by Rosco's comment about long wheelbase cars hitting the lever. I gave up on levers a long time ago :) That is a good observation though Rosco. Chris (19 years ago, 22-Nov-05, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.parts.custom)

  Alco-like Cuban Sugar Train

Hi all, Yesterday I saw (URL) train> and just had to build it. The problem was, I'd sworn to myself to avoid Alco-like diesels as so many people have done them so well. (URL) Well, as you can see in the end I relented (to myself) and went ahead and (...) (19 years ago, 22-Nov-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: A double crossover

(...) Well since you asked. i guess you could say it's too easy because i allready have a working automated crossover. the doubble would take longer to do but it should be easy enough. (3 URLs) (...) keep dreaming =). there is no way i'm taking that (...) (19 years ago, 22-Nov-05, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.parts.custom, FTX)

  Re: A double crossover

(...) technicly the throw is one stud closer but i don't think i'm going to move them to the outside unless i find an issue with it. besides the place in which i'm thinking of placing this switch i don't have space for the throws to be outside the (...) (19 years ago, 22-Nov-05, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.parts.custom, FTX)

  Re: A double crossover

In lugnet.announce, Ondrew Hartigan wrote: (snip) I saw some sneak preview pics and was floored then. Wow. Now, for your next trick, let's see you get the points on this one to interlock (if one turnout is thrown to take the crossover, the (...) (19 years ago, 22-Nov-05, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.parts.custom, FTX)

  Re: A double crossover

(...) [snip] (...) Looks great Ondrew! I'd be interested to know though, the unmodified switch controls actaully look like they stick out a long way toward the other track, might there be more of a problem than usual with long wheelbase cars hitting (...) (19 years ago, 22-Nov-05, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.parts.custom, FTX)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact