 Trains / 26166
Re: A double crossover
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.parts.custom
Date:
Tue, 22 Nov 2005 03:24:22 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Ross Crawford wrote:
   In lugnet.announce, Ondrew Hartigan wrote:
   Hey all, About 2 months ago now I was challenged/ asked to make a double crossover. While I thought this project would be difficult I had no idea how long it would take me. In total I have between 20-40 hours of time invested in the double crossover. Anyway here’s a little rundown on how I made this one of a kind switch.

[snip]

   I would certainly like to hear your comments, suggestions and opinions on this so feel free to speak your peace.

Looks great Ondrew! I’d be interested to know though, the unmodified switch controls actaully look like they stick out a long way toward the other track, might there be more of a problem than usual with long wheelbase cars hitting the lever when going over the crossover? Might be good to look at reversing all 4 switch controls?

ROSCO

technicly the throw is one stud closer but i don’t think i’m going to move them to the outside unless i find an issue with it. besides the place in which i’m thinking of placing this switch i don’t have space for the throws to be outside the rails. thanks for pointing it out though. i hadn’t really noticed it. ondrew