 Trains / 26206
Re: Need help with12v/4.5v SWITCH TRACK
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Tue, 29 Nov 2005 19:21:50 GMT

Very good. The operation is just exactly like LIONEL switch points! The power for the switch point motor must be routed through the metal center rails - coming from the transformer. Does the transformer need to be at full throttle or do the points perform better at a lower voltage (say 9-11v)? I am trying to decide if I would need to have a 220w Lego transformer with a 110w power adaptor OR power the points with a small 12v wall plug-in I can get from any second-hand shop. I am only going to power the switch points, not a whole layout. Thanks again Neils!