 Trains / 26207
26206  |  26208
Subject:
Dutch DD-IRM
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Wed, 30 Nov 2005 01:49:34 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

Hi Everyone

Just wanted to share a few photos of my recent build of James Mathis’ Dutch DD-IRM “Regiorunner”.

Brickshelf gallery here: http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=155635

James’ original gallery here: http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=27625

My version has a black roofline and detailing purely because of parts availability. Dark grey would have looked better but sadly it would have been impossible to build.

Each engine and car is also four studs shorter than James’ original design. After building and test running an engine, it felt rather too awkward cornering standard 180-degree LEGO train curves. Dropping four studs from each engine and car made a noticeable difference to it’s apppearance on the track without detracting from the overall look of the set.

I really like the look of the real-life DD-IRM and I think this design captures that look well. A big “thanks” to James for sharing his work!

Martin