 Trains / 26172
Re: Alco-like Cuban Sugar Train
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Tue, 22 Nov 2005 16:46:07 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Timothy Gould wrote:
   Hi all,

Yesterday I saw this train and just had to build it. The problem was, I’d sworn to myself to avoid Alco-like diesels as so many people have done them so well.

Well, as you can see in the end I relented (to myself) and went ahead and built it. I tried to add something new in the grille design at the front which I based on a technique of Erik Amzallag. I haven’t tweaked it in a brick build but I am sure the technique is sound and can be made to work one way or another.

I’ve written up a bit at MOCpages and the BS gallery has the pictures.

Please check it out and let me know what you think.

Thanks,

Tim

I like it a lot and just love the color scheme. Even the dark bley cab roof. All the colors work very well.

I wil be giving this a brick build attempt quite soon.

Best, Jonathan