 Trains / 26168
26167  |  26169
Subject:
Alco-like Cuban Sugar Train
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Tue, 22 Nov 2005 12:01:45 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

Hi all,

Yesterday I saw this train and just had to build it. The problem was, I’d sworn to myself to avoid Alco-like diesels as so many people have done them so well.

Well, as you can see in the end I relented (to myself) and went ahead and built it. I tried to add something new in the grille design at the front which I based on a technique of Erik Amzallag. I haven’t tweaked it in a brick build but I am sure the technique is sound and can be made to work one way or another.

I’ve written up a bit at MOCpages and the BS gallery has the pictures.

Please check it out and let me know what you think.

Thanks,

Tim