 Trains / 26179
Re: Alco-like Cuban Sugar Train
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Fri, 25 Nov 2005 13:26:33 GMT

Tim Gould wrote:
Hi all,

Yesterday I saw
<http://www.photos-trains.ch/photos/picture.php?image_id=5373&cat=1289&expand=1286,1289
this train> and just had to build it. The problem was, I'd sworn to myself to
avoid Alco-like diesels as so many people have done them so well.

<<http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/timgould/Trains/CubanAlco/00.png>>

Well, as you can see in the end I relented (to myself) and went ahead and built
it. I tried to add something new in the grille design at the front which I based
on a technique of Erik Amzallag. I haven't tweaked it in a brick build but I am
sure the technique is sound and can be made to work one way or another.

I've written up a bit at <http://www.mocpages.com/moc.php/11965 MOCpages> and
the <http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=154910 BS gallery> has the
pictures.

Please check it out and let me know what you think.

Thanks,

Tim

Hey,

   That is a great looking engine. The whole mismatched sand blue-blay
thing adds a bit of realism to it. After all, most engines aren't the
most beautifully maintianed :)

Chris

--
http://users.rcn.com/cjmasi/lego/