 Trains / 26199
26198  |  26200
Subject:
GPLR - Portland LEGO Store Diorama
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Mon, 28 Nov 2005 21:18:01 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

Sneak peak of the GPLR (Greater Portland LEGO Railroaders) diorama for the Portland LEGO store. Kelly McK and I worked on this for about 8 hours over the long Thanksgiving weekend. It is sure nice to actually get my fingers on the brick. It is very therapeutic in that it helps refocus you on what this hobby is all about; good building sessions and great friends.

The display case measures 19”x 16”x 31”, hence the portrait style layout.

I tried replicating a model RR’ing technique where I used 3 blues under the clear plates in the lower right hand corner to simulate various depths of water. Not quite sure it’s working out...

The house on the left is a miniature version of the current LEGO set 4886 “Building Bonanza”

The house on the right comes from an idea book from 1973.