 Trains / 26202
Re: GPLR - Portland LEGO Store Diorama
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Mon, 28 Nov 2005 23:33:06 GMT

Ha! You didn’t see the way cool Mega Block -New Dark Gray- stone shaped bricks in the house foundation! ;) Not really... but I have long since believed that anything is fair game. I have seen prototypes of LEGO sets with painted and mutilated elements. I think of it of out of the box thinking... Look at Rob’s lighted minifigs - now product (with no credit to Rob). And heck if it was a few years ago and I stuck a MB extreme skateboard ramp in there for a skateboard park scene that too would have been foreshadowing!

Back on topic... I totally agree with Kelly, should anyone notice the train wheels (which for some reason I seriously doubt) that would be great to get the attention of someone that into trains! Maybe a potencial new GPLR member!

As for the “where can I buy this train?” - there is no stipulation about MOC vs LEGO sets in the display from LEGO (I wonder how this might play out). And this can either be used as a great conversation starter about LEGO being a construction toy, not a glue-less model company or not. But again I doubt that a young min wage part time employee would muster that level of discussion or even know how. None of the employees in PDX are AFOLs or even YAFOLs that I know of.

oh crap... I think that feel-good build session is waring off, I’m bitter again! ;)

Thanks for you comments John, nice to hear from you!

SteveB

   I find it interesting that they let you use non-Lego (gasp!) wheels from BigBenBricks.com. I can’t imagine the number of people that will ask “where can I buy this train?”

Or, did you just sneak that past them? <grin>

JohnG, GMLTC