 Trains / 25963 (-100)
  London Underground D78 Subsurface Stock

Mind the Gap! (URL) This is my D78ss train. It is the second of my three LU creations and the second one to be functionally complete (the first still isn't). (URL) The D78 stock (or just 'D stock') runs solely on the District line and numbers 75 (...) (19 years ago, 22-Sep-05, to lugnet.underground, lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Motorized microscale train

In lugnet.trains, Brad Hamilton wrote: <snipsnip> (...) At first I also tried to attach plates to the bigger chain links (at some point I even considered using glue), but the other option you have is sticking one end of the big link into a technic (...) (19 years ago, 22-Sep-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Motorized microscale train

(...) Ah yes, crossposting. I think the concept finally stopped eluding me ;) (...) There is a little gap between the baseplate and the magnet below, but the pull between both magnets is so strong that they'll stretch the chain a little and come (...) (19 years ago, 22-Sep-05, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.build.microscale, FTX)

  Simple idea for level crossing

Hi! I got an idea for an automatic level crossing - a simple one with lights only. It is based on the motors possibility to supply power through the wheels. The idea is to cut a short distance (e.g. 1 cm) of track, so we can use that as a sensor (I (...) (19 years ago, 21-Sep-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Motorized microscale train

(...) Simple elegant design. but you forgot to crosspost to the most important group, Microscale. :) The inverted baseplate is such a simple idea, one question though, do the magnets have to be pressed up to the underside of the baseplate, or can (...) (19 years ago, 22-Sep-05, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.build.microscale, FTX)

  Re: Motorized microscale train

I really like this idea. I had tried using a chain drive for a small cart ride (URL) my design, I used one of the "fat" chain links to attach a plate, which supported the cart. I had problems with the plate falling off every so often. Also, there (...) (19 years ago, 22-Sep-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Train Factory palette

(...) i agree on the ratio 2:1 but for the colors i would rather see all of the green parts as dark green. now yes dark green is more valuble which would make a good excuse in its self but the real reason is dark green is more valuble to (...) (19 years ago, 21-Sep-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Train Factory palette

(...) Wouldn't this palette be for those people that want to build MORE trains than what the sets with motors enable? I may not be average, far from it, but I have **plenty** of motors already, and hardly ANY tan 1x4x3 train windows. (== "none" ) So (...) (19 years ago, 21-Sep-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Train Factory palette

(...) I haven't seen the 9v train motor included in the palette, I would think that this is an essential part of any train. Or even the new RC motor. Why is it that Lego can produce 3225, 4511, 4551 with a motor for just a little more than they are (...) (19 years ago, 21-Sep-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: London Underground 1995 Tube Stock

(...) Thanks so much for showing this. I was actually on that train on the Northern Line on Sunday musing about how to build it in Lego and was very pleasantly surprised to see it appear yesterday. It is such a faithful reproduction in six wide that (...) (19 years ago, 21-Sep-05, to lugnet.underground, lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Train Factory palette

(...) That is a very cool selection of peices, (URL) this one> makes me think Swiss train immediatly! The only changes I would suggest at the moment are more large/less small windows and have the 1x2 light brick in black instead of white. Tim (19 years ago, 21-Sep-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: London Underground 1995 Tube Stock

Having travelled in that stock for a good few years (on the Northern Line), that is most certainly a well recognisable rendering. I wander if someone has built a suitable Lego tunnel for it. Of all the northern Line stations, the one that has be (...) (19 years ago, 20-Sep-05, to lugnet.underground, lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Train Factory palette

James, these renderings are fantastic. My favorites from James' list - (URL) red train motor decorations! That would be great for building German style engines with red bases and wheel sets. (URL) simply cannot have enough curved pieces. (URL) in (...) (19 years ago, 20-Sep-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: London Underground 1995 Tube Stock

(...) No-one is in there yet. It is really too small to have interior detail (with much of the interior taken up with the structuring). David (19 years ago, 20-Sep-05, to lugnet.underground, lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: First Train Sighting in a Lego Book (1955)

(...) I forgot to cross post this to lugnet.trains! Gary Istok (19 years ago, 20-Sep-05, to lugnet.general, lugnet.trains)

  Re: London Underground 1995 Tube Stock

(...) ... (...) David, the train looks great. It's amazing you could get a scale train in at a 8 brick max hieght. I'll have to try the WD-40 myself. Does it have any interior detail, or a driver in the cab? I'm horribly lazy about building (...) (19 years ago, 20-Sep-05, to lugnet.underground, lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Have you seen Ben's new BR 23

Hi Ben and all friends of Lego-steam engines I guess many of you already have noticed Ben Benekes new super loco on Brickshelf. (URL) Ben for putting so much effort in showing and explaining the all the details of the model. I very much appreciate (...) (19 years ago, 20-Sep-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: It's back! Long-Lost Jetpack Element Now Being Produced...

(...) ok i undrestand that this is cool news but it has apsolutly nothing to do with trains. trim the news groups!!!...!!! ondrew (19 years ago, 20-Sep-05, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: Train Factory palette

In lugnet.trains, Jake McKee wrote: SNIP (...) Can I put in a plea for 45-degree, 2 x 2 inverse double convex corner slopes in brown? (3676.dat) Don't forget 2 x 8 45-degree slopes in various colors, too. Useful for quick cowcatchers... 2x2 - 4x4 (...) (19 years ago, 20-Sep-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: It's back! Long-Lost Jetpack Element Now Being Produced...

(...) This is very cool- I can't wait to get my hands on a few! (2 URLs) Tony Hafner (URL) www.hafhead.com> (19 years ago, 20-Sep-05, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: It's back! Long-Lost Jetpack Element Now Being Produced...

(...) So is it just being a minifig accessory, or did they come up with something creative to do with it? -Andrusi && (19 years ago, 20-Sep-05, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: Motorized microscale train

Using thread instead of chain links is indeed a cheaper solution, and may even give more curving options. The only problem I'd see is propulsion, thread doesn't have as much ' grip' as chain links have. (...) (URL) + (URL) The wide chain link fits (...) (19 years ago, 20-Sep-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  London Underground 1995 Tube Stock

Mind the Gap! (URL) This is my 95ts train. It is the third of my LU creations but the first one to be functionally complete. The 1995 Tube Stock was built by GEC Aslthom Metro Cammell (now Alstom) as part of the PFI (priviate finance initiative) for (...) (19 years ago, 20-Sep-05, to lugnet.underground, lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.trains, FTX) !

  Re: Motorized microscale train

In lugnet.announce.moc, Peer Kreuger wrote: Wow, that's all very well done! The space baseplate, the magnets, the detailing on the train itself, et al! And easy expansion for a large layout. And hey... if you use one of the contoured baseplates, you (...) (19 years ago, 20-Sep-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: How big were box cars in 1900?

(...) my best and favorite sorce for general info like what your seeking is museum sites. here's the one i use most often: (URL) it appers that box cars durring the early 1900's were on average 9'6" wide and todays are about 10'6". for length it (...) (19 years ago, 20-Sep-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Did Someone Say Monorail?

Hello all, 3vilrain Monorail - (2 URLs) I've been wanting to do this idea for some years, and I finally had everything I needed. It uses no official monorail parts, no parts were modded to make this design work, and the design is all Lego parts. (...) (19 years ago, 20-Sep-05, to lugnet.space, lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.build, lugnet.trains, FTX) !!

  Re: Train Factory palette

(...) Ooh, I like your V2... it has lots of parts that non trainies would like too (they can trade off the few train specific things like wheels...) Some nits to pick I think I'd go with more large windows than small, maybe 2:1? Have to agree on the (...) (19 years ago, 20-Sep-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  How big were box cars in 1900?

So, I have seen references to box cars being as short as 36 feet and as long as 50 feet at the turn of the last century. However, I didn't see these numbers in any authoratative context. So, anyone got a good source for really old American rolling (...) (19 years ago, 20-Sep-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Train Factory palette

In lugnet.trains, Jake McKee wrote: snip (...) Here's another go with (URL) parts ideas to support building trains>. Fun discussion! later, James Mathis (19 years ago, 20-Sep-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Motorized microscale train

(...) Cool! That should sort the problem of how to propel 2-wide trains (for those who don't have N-gauge track)! Mark (19 years ago, 19-Sep-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

Sweet! Now I can retro-fit some of my Blacktron soldiers! Dave "Jeremy Rear" <jeremyrear@mac.com> wrote in message news:In1J9E.HGM@lugnet.com... (...) (19 years ago, 19-Sep-05, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.general)

  Re: Motorized microscale train

(...) Hi Peer, I was admiring this model in your gallery and hoping you would post something about it. I think it is an absolutely brilliant model and idea so congratulations for both the inspiration and the implementation. Brilliant work! Tim (19 years ago, 19-Sep-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  70's/80's Lego® train motor wheel tire replacements

Hallo Lego® train lovers, (URL) You probably know it,... the motor wheel tires of the lego® trains from the70’s (blue era) and 80’s (grey era) have dried out. Your train is still in great condition, but the tires run from their wheels, resulting in (...) (19 years ago, 19-Sep-05, to lugnet.trains)

  LOWLUG to attend Rail 2005

Upcoming weekend (sept. 24-25) LOWLUG will be present at Rail2005, one of the biggest model railroading shows in the Netherlands. Held at the Groenoordhallen in Leiden, with over 25.000 attending, walk-in lectures (yes, also about building trains (...) (19 years ago, 19-Sep-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Another Train Show for BLTG

(...) Congratulations guys, looks like a really great show. I only wish I could be there. (URL) I've taken the liberty of uploading the pics Peter sent me to BS. The folder is (URL) here> after moderation. For deeplinks go (URL) and change the (...) (19 years ago, 19-Sep-05, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Train Factory palette

(...) We will have to be careful or will start another undying thread... and someone will decide that we need a lugnet.hinges news group :) Chris (19 years ago, 19-Sep-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Train Factory palette

(...) True, true, but I'm thinking I would almost rather not waste the slots in the palette with clicky hinged versions... they're that bad. I'd rather ask for what I actually want and be told no, then decide what to do. YMMV of course. (19 years ago, 18-Sep-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Train Factory palette

(...) I have a feeling that asking for un-clicky-hinged versions of parts is like asking for old gray or a clasic smiley. Chris (19 years ago, 18-Sep-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Train Factory palette

(...) Don't foget pirate hook hands and straws Lester (19 years ago, 18-Sep-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Train Factory palette

"Jonathan Wilson" <jonwil@tpgi.com.au> wrote in message news:IMzMD4.1DtA@lugnet.com... (...) Check this out: (URL) have printed them, they come out great. Mike (19 years ago, 18-Sep-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Train Factory palette

(...) Great idea! When the Spiderman's Doc Ock's Hideout #4856 came out I thought how cool those sticker sheets were for the 1x4x5 windows. I thought wow, large mullioned windows made easy (sort of like the ones in Philadelphia's Independence Hall). (...) (19 years ago, 18-Sep-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Train Factory palette

(...) Having that <-0-> logo in a bunch of colors/sizes/shapes would probobly be good... (19 years ago, 18-Sep-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Train Factory palette

In lugnet.trains, Jake McKee wrote: SNIP (...) Some ideas for train greeblies (I'm sure I'm missing stuff here)... (12 URLs) And parts for attaching them, like these for just a small example, but there are obviously many more... (4 URLs) Thanks! (...) (19 years ago, 18-Sep-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Spiderman's Train Rescue

(...) The body is 6-wide, which is compatible. The wheels are the tiny ones, but a newer design with lower friction than the previous ones, which means they will work on the 9V track if the vehicle is lightly laden and there are not many of them in (...) (19 years ago, 17-Sep-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Train Factory palette

(...) Might work here, and perhaps color matching the brick color would work out better this way. And indeed, shouldn't cost too much... perhaps Jake could take this up with the design team? While on the subject... how about re-doing some of the (...) (19 years ago, 17-Sep-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Train Factory palette

(...) That comment basically applies to ANY part being considered that has two versions.. (it wasn't really mentioned yet, but it would apply to the tailgate part, to the club car window part, etc etc) (19 years ago, 17-Sep-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Train Factory palette

In lugnet.trains, Jake McKee wrote: <snip> (...) (The following is from Steve Barile, who asked me to post it for him because his new email addy isn't registered with LUGNET yet...) -JOHN I see the port hole printed clear panels come up several (...) (19 years ago, 17-Sep-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Spiderman's Tain Rescue

I tried to find an answer before posting but didn't. I apologize if this question has been discussed previously. Is Spiderman's Train Rescue compatible size-wise with other Lego trains? Can it be motorized? Has anyone done this? Does anyone care? (...) (19 years ago, 17-Sep-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Train Factory palette

(...) But PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE the NON-clickhinge version... (19 years ago, 17-Sep-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Major update to my vehicle folder.

Hi all, It's been a long time since I updated my folder on Brickshelf with new stuff. I just added quite a few pictures. Some are new mocs, some are old mocs with new pictures, and some are pictures of mocs built for some time now but never shown (...) (19 years ago, 17-Sep-05, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.town, lugnet.trains, FTX) !!

  Re: Train Factory palette

(...) And lest we forget, the Train "only" windows from 1980-83.... Black 1x2x2 town windows only found in train sets #7727 (2), #7730 (2), #7750 (2), and #7810 (4). Gray 1x2x2 town windows only found in train set #7740 (10!). Although these were (...) (19 years ago, 17-Sep-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Train Factory palette

I second the wish for airplane window glass in clear/trans-white. Also, I would love to see the windscreen as on the current freight locomotive in various colors with trans-clear glass. I would definatly love to see the porthole print in more (...) (19 years ago, 17-Sep-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Train Factory palette

(...) Train windows (both 2*3 and 4*3) in more colors, with trans-WHITE glass.... trans-black and trans-blue are ok'ish but haven't got much real-life equivalents. I've been butchering my 12V collection to get enough trans-white 2*3 inserts already (...) (19 years ago, 17-Sep-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Train Factory palette

(...) Hmm, I've been away a while-- didn't even see (URL) this> (until now). So I guess I change my post into a "me, too" to Jonathan's:-) JOHN (19 years ago, 16-Sep-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Train Factory palette

(...) Thinking about the trains I have built recently, apart from the above I think my most commonly used pieces (not including standard bricks/plates/tiles) are : (URL) 4274 Technic Pin 1/2> (URL) 2436 Bracket 1 x 2 - 1 x 4> (URL) 2412b Tile 1 x 2 (...) (19 years ago, 16-Sep-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Train Factory palette

(...) Well, I've been slowly going through my collection, and removing the buffer plates on my US type cars, and replacing them with 3x2 plates with offset hole. (URL) And I really like this bracket (URL) But I know I use a fair amount of headlight (...) (19 years ago, 16-Sep-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Train Factory palette

In lugnet.trains, Jake McKee wrote: <snip> (...) Here is my newest, favorite (URL) element> Whoever designed this part is part genius, because it will make killer roofs for both loco and passenger cars alike. Also, being only 3 studs long, it can be (...) (19 years ago, 16-Sep-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Train Factory palette

(...) Good question. Actually, we're still working out many of the details, specifically the great questions you ask above. More info as we can release (and when we actually have decisions to release!). In general, I'd love to open this conversation (...) (19 years ago, 16-Sep-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Train Factory palette

Yes, tan train windows (like the ones the guys in Windsor got) would be awesome... especially for all those two-tone European coaches with tan and dark (brown|green|red|blu...purple...) color on the bottom! Also the US street cars/trolleys too. I (...) (19 years ago, 16-Sep-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Train Factory palette

(...) *CoughTanTrainWindowFrames?* Although I've developed a fetish for brown lately, so I should probably keep my head down... ;-) Actually, there's a real question here. Is the train builder's kit directly related to the additional factory (...) (19 years ago, 16-Sep-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Train Factory palette

Here are some details of our process (walkin the NDA fine line here, so bear with me)... Imagine if you were asked to come up with ~40** unique (specific shape and specific color) parts to add the LEGO Factory palette for a train factory palette. (...) (19 years ago, 16-Sep-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Train Factory palette

I agree. Those parts, if made in 2 and 4 wide would be absolutely fantastic. Too bad they are not available in any significant quantity right now. -- Bryan "Jonathan Lopes" <jlopes@abramsbooks.com> wrote in message news:IMx251.1G9F@lugnet.com... (...) (19 years ago, 16-Sep-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Train Factory palette

(...) Though I am more of a town guy, I'd love to see these available for passenger train roofs in good quantities (and, the right colors: Bley, Dark bley, Black, Reddish Brown) (URL) Jonathan (19 years ago, 16-Sep-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Train Factory palette

(...) I was wondering this myself. What is a train part? There are some obvious ones, track, wheels, buffers/couplings, train motors, train base/bogie plate and any new control components for the new infra red system. However the nature of Lego (...) (19 years ago, 16-Sep-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Train Factory palette

(...) Assuming that the train palette has the same basis as the existing factory sets, parts will be used and the bags containing them will be bought. Therefore, for the purpose of the factory concept, any parts that are not unique to trains could (...) (19 years ago, 16-Sep-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Train Factory palette

I've been working on collecting the parts need to create LEGO versions of some trains available in CAD format from Brickshelf. There is a steep learning curve associated with MLCAD, etc. And I understand the frustrations echoed in other threads. But (...) (19 years ago, 16-Sep-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Trains is the tidiest

(...) lugnet.space and lugnet.castle could also be nominated ;-)...and many others. (...) That's a point I agree totally. Thank you Tim, great job. (...) Didier (19 years ago, 16-Sep-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Trains is the tidiest

I'd like to nominate trains for the tidiest and up-to-date-ist sidebar on Lugner. Thanks Tim for doing such a good job. It's the only group I come to directly (as opposed to from the recent activity page) as I know the sidebar is so useful. Thanks! (...) (19 years ago, 15-Sep-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Brick Junction Expand...

The citizens of my tiny little Sierra Nevada town needed to tend to their spiritual needs. So a preacher moved in and soon a nice little church, complete with cemetary, was seen on the street: (URL) The whole spiritual gallery: (URL) Steve (19 years ago, 15-Sep-05, to lugnet.western, lugnet.town, lugnet.trains)

  Re: new switch designs...... help needed!

(...) Just thinking out loud here.. maybe consider a 16-stud offset (1 track length), primarily because it would be easier to join your track with, and not need a cut track to mate up with a 4 or 8 stud offset. it would make your double Y 48 studs (...) (19 years ago, 14-Sep-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  The Train Show *Upcoming LEGO episode!

I have not watched "Prototypical Trains & Operations - Operations Road Show NMRA Cincinnati, OH” yet but it is from the NMRA show. My Tivo recorded it today, it will be on Direct TV (379 RFD Rural Free Delivery) 9/15 12:30 am, 9/15 6:30 am, 9/19 (...) (19 years ago, 14-Sep-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Fujita micro town from Japanese fest

Hey all, Apparently the annual LMO festival was held this past week in Japan. Shinya Fujita (of the LEGO Star Wars Trilogy fame) has a great (URL) microscale town layout> (3 URLs) (cross-posted to .trains because there some great micro-trains and (...) (19 years ago, 14-Sep-05, to lugnet.build.microscale, lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: new switch designs...... help needed!

(...) Ondrew, I see you have a single slip at 45 degrees there. I remember seeing a 22.5 degree crossing someone made from 2 straights, so that if two tracks were 32 studs apart with a switch on each and a straight connecting them, another track (...) (19 years ago, 14-Sep-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: new switch designs...... help needed!

(...) I was checking out a real three way point (switch) while waiting for the train home. The one in question has quite a large offset. However I don't think you need to worry about having both points set for the outside roads at the same time as (...) (19 years ago, 14-Sep-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  The Beginnings of a Wild West Town

(URL) Not much to it yet. I modified the blue building a bit since the last time I posted it. Neither of them open. I didn't have the tiles or the plates to make floors and roofs that could lift off. Maybe some of the other ones will be able to. (...) (19 years ago, 14-Sep-05, to lugnet.western, lugnet.town, lugnet.trains)

  Re: new switch designs...... help needed!

(...) you make a good point. i should be able to use a 4 or 8 stud offset with little or no huge problems. either way i think it's going to be fun which is what matters anyway. ondrew (19 years ago, 14-Sep-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: new switch designs...... help needed!

(...) The double-Y will be difficult to do with both switches at the same position. You'd have to have some way to ensure both aren't set to reverse (curved) at the same time, and a reliable way to direct the train when both are normal (straight). (...) (19 years ago, 14-Sep-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  new switch designs...... help needed!

Hey all, While at the NMRA show this past July I was talking with a few people about the custom switches I make and I was given a challenge. In short the challenge was to make these: (URL) Now that I have some free time I would like to take on this (...) (19 years ago, 14-Sep-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: F40PH-2 MOC

Chuck Kabesh wrote: [snip] (...) look forward to seeing it. Hey, just got through to BrickSelf (11:59 pm). (...) Nice twist. Though yours are so different giving me credit seems silly, but since you did... thanks :) I ldrawed (shudder) those trucks (...) (19 years ago, 12-Sep-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: It's here.

In lugnet.trains, Philippe Label wrote: (URL) (...) Look at the centre of the picture carefully. There's an old style white-coloured 9V battery box (8x4x2 studs) placed upside-down with the help of 2 1x2-1x4 brackets (note the grey strip adjecent (...) (19 years ago, 12-Sep-05, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.build.schleim, FTX)

  Re: F40PH-2 MOC

I like the general feel of this MOC, I think you have got most of the prototye details right. I like your truck design, I hope it works out in the ABS. I don't know if it would be possible but I think the oval cab door window could do with being a (...) (19 years ago, 11-Sep-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Who is responsible for this?

(...) As I recall, this was the runaway hit of the mecha room on public day. "Look mommy, it's a Thomas robot!" The pics of the mayhem on the train layout turned out great! (19 years ago, 11-Sep-05, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.build.mecha, FTX)

  Custom track available at NWBrickCon!

Hey all, At this year’s NWBrickCon, my first BTW, I will be selling custom track as I did at this year’s BrickFest. However unlike BrickFest, I have taken liberties so that I don’t run out of track again. I will have a large assortment ready to go (...) (19 years ago, 9-Sep-05, to lugnet.events.nwbrickcon, lugnet.announce, lugnet.events, lugnet.general, lugnet.trains, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, FTX) !!

  F40PH-2 MOC

Over the last couple of months I've been playing with a virtual MOC of the F40 PH-2. I usually like to build the real thing first then do an LDRAW version later. This avoids inadvertant impossible brick configurations and the resulting rendered (...) (19 years ago, 9-Sep-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: It's here.

In lugnet.announce.moc, Samarth Moray wrote: ...snip... (URL) ...snip... (...) Hello Samarth, Thank you for this very nice model. I also have few questions to understand how you made it. I can see a 9V technic motor on the picture I left from your (...) (19 years ago, 8-Sep-05, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.build.schleim, FTX)

  Re: It's here.

Thats a great model on two levels. It looks great and has SO many innovative design solutions. I really like the way you did the curved grill in the roof (and the the small one at the other end too) The sideways chassis give a completely different (...) (19 years ago, 8-Sep-05, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.build.schleim, FTX)

  Re: It's here.

(...) Sweet work Swami! Looking very good and a nice new train base idea. Glad you've got over your builders block in such fine fashion. Now if only you could compress it into six-wide it would be even better ;) Tim PS. S-lit (19 years ago, 8-Sep-05, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.build.schleim)

  It's here.

(URL) Deeplinks: (6 URLs) Full Gallery, post-mod: (URL) Well, it's been 5 months, and in the end, I got tired of trying to make a gearbox for this thing. The more I tried, the more frustruated I became, and as many over here have said, "If you're (...) (19 years ago, 8-Sep-05, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.in, lugnet.build.schleim, FTX) !!

  Re: Who is responsible for this?

"Jeremiah VanderMark" <Doggybot_37@yahoo.NOSPAM.com> wrote in message > Yeah, it was me. I have a few shots of the Thomas-Bot having some fun on the (...) This is one of the funniest things I have seen in a long time. So much so I am actually (...) (19 years ago, 7-Sep-05, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.build.mecha)

  Re: Train catalogs

(...) True, but I think its useful to have the correct proportions to create your own selective compression from, otherwise it ends up doubly selectively compressed! Tim (19 years ago, 7-Sep-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Who is responsible for this?

(...) Yeah, it was me. I have a few shots of the Thomas-Bot having some fun on the BF05 train layout (URL) here> (once moderated). Thanks for the comments; he was really a last-minute build (literally the night before 'fest) and therefore not as (...) (19 years ago, 7-Sep-05, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.build.mecha, FTX) !

  Re: Train catalogs

(...) For scale building I have used mostly books with drawings for British trains, and I found the Model Railroader Cyclopedias for US steam and diesel engines, but I'm not sure if there are books for mainland European trains. Does anyone know if (...) (19 years ago, 6-Sep-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Train catalogs

(...) Normally Lego models have selective compression. Very few people build to scale. Look at MiniLand at Legoland, the Santa Fe Train Cars etc. David (19 years ago, 6-Sep-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Train catalogs

Thank you for all the recommendations. I found a 2005 Marklin hardcover catalog on eBay and ordered that. -- Bryan "Bryan Kinkel" <helpdesk@loseyourmind.com> wrote in message news:IM74BE.1Jx3@lugnet.com... (...) (19 years ago, 6-Sep-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Art Deco Miami Hotel

(...) Brilliant! I've done an Art-Deco stlye office building (The Offset Building, so called because of extensive use of jumper plates) seen at some UK train displays. I'd really like to do more Art-Deco. A good respurce is (URL) (19 years ago, 6-Sep-05, to lugnet.town, lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Art Deco Miami Hotel

(...) Jim has a good eye for design realism. I had the pleasure of meeting him on August 13 during the Downtown Detroit Historic Theatre Tours, where I was a guide and he a visitor. Jim did a wonderful job on building Detroit's famous 1928 Fisher (...) (19 years ago, 5-Sep-05, to lugnet.town, lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Art Deco Miami Hotel

Very nice building, Jim. Glad to know someone is on the case of bringing more art deco architecture to LEGO towns. :) Hope to see more! (...) WOW! Your Fisher building is incredible! Holy moley! Absolutely inspirational. I'm dumbfounded both by the (...) (19 years ago, 5-Sep-05, to lugnet.town, lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Who is responsible for this?

(...) Jeremiah VanderMark. ~Kevoh (19 years ago, 4-Sep-05, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.build.mecha, FTX)

  Re: Train catalogs

(...) The only problem is that LGB is officially narrow-gauge, however several of their models are normal gauge, making for bad scale. And they do loads of selective compression (specially length-wise) , so I'd grab a good drawing of the real thing (...) (19 years ago, 3-Sep-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Train catalogs

(...) I like LGB catalogues. They contain American & European trains. The pictures tend to be big so good to work from. David (19 years ago, 3-Sep-05, to lugnet.trains)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact