 Trains / 25865
Re: Train catalogs
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Sat, 3 Sep 2005 19:00:32 GMT

David Graham wrote:

In lugnet.trains, Bryan Kinkel wrote:

What if I want to see European engines & stock? Who are the major
manufacturers?

I like LGB catalogues. They contain American & European trains.
The pictures tend to be big so good to work from.

The only problem is that LGB is officially narrow-gauge, however several of
their models are normal gauge, making for bad scale. And they do loads of
selective compression (specially length-wise) , so I'd grab a good drawing
of the real thing before building it to avoid proportion mistakes.
--
Jan-Albert van Ree   | http://www.vanree.net/brickpiles/