 Trains / 25949
Re: First Train Sighting in a Lego Book (1955)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.trains
Date:
Tue, 20 Sep 2005 19:39:28 GMT

In lugnet.general, Gerhard R. Istok wrote:
In lugnet.general, David Shifflett wrote:
The book doesn't have any date on it,
but, according to Gary Istok, it dates from 1955
when the slotted bricks,
and windows/doors with wings to fit into the slots,
were being produced.

The book can be viewed here
http://www.redshift.com/~shifflett/lego/mursten_byggebog/mursten_byggebog.html

Thanks,
Keep on bricking,
dave

OK Train lovers I have good news and bad news about a train sighting in a Lego
book (from Dave Shifflett), namely a 1955 Danish Idea Book.

http://www.redshift.com/~shifflett/lego/mursten_byggebog/mursten_byggebog-Pages/Image13.html

The good news is this is the earliest known Lego picture with a train in it.

The bad news is that it is NOT a Lego train, but an HO Scale train layout with
track!  The original 1955 Town Plan system (in the classic Lego scale) was
ideally suited for HO scale trains, as can be seen in this picture with a large
HO layout with several 1950's Town Plan boards.

Gary Istok

I forgot to cross post this to lugnet.trains!

Gary Istok