 Trains / 25913
Re: Train Factory palette
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Sat, 17 Sep 2005 04:16:16 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Jan-Albert van Ree wrote:
Jake McKee wrote:

But I guess the core question here is this - Besides the obvious (buffer
plates, train wheels, bogies plates, etc.), what parts can you not live
without in order to be able to create great train models?

Train windows (both 2*3 and 4*3) in more colors, with trans-WHITE glass....
trans-black and trans-blue are ok'ish but haven't got much real-life
equivalents. I've been butchering my 12V collection to get enough
trans-white 2*3 inserts already :(

Train windows: green and tan for starters, re-release of yellow would also
be greatly appreciated! Perhaps also dark-green since that color was (at
least in Europe) very dominant in coach livery end 1800's/early 1900's
altough that would mean more stuff in dark-green should become available
(just windows still isn't very helpful) I personally don't care much for
matching doors although I think many will want those too.

And lest we forget, the Train "only" windows from 1980-83....

Black 1x2x2 town windows only found in train sets #7727 (2), #7730 (2), #7750
(2), and #7810 (4).

Gray 1x2x2 town windows only found in train set #7740 (10!).  Although these
were only found in the old gray, these could be produced in new gray!

And 1x2x2 town window for trains in any other popular color such as green, tan,
brown, yellow or blue (these last 2 colors haven't been produced in nearly 8
years!).

Not only would you make train folks happy, but you would make town folks happy
as well.

Gary Istok