 Trains / 25966
Re: Train Factory palette
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Thu, 22 Sep 2005 16:15:48 GMT

I guess I come at this from, is this going to replace all the other service packs out there, all the other sets out there? if it is, then yes, basic stuff is needed. but if it’s an enhancement, then I think it should have only parts you can’t get other ways (conveniently or in enough quantity to be useful). So I don’t know if I agree or not because I don’t know the answer to that question! I THOUGHT it was an enhancement but could be wrong.

James poses another good question in his reply, should this parts pack make “some” model or is it OK if it just rounds out existing sets and parts assortments. The answer to that one depends on the above, is this a replacement or an enhancement. Again, I thought it was a round out rather than a standalone.

my guess is that any so called bulk pack would start out as an enhancement but would adventuly become a replacment as it would be less sku’s. time will tell.

If this parts pack is broken down into bags for Lego Factory (and, as an aside, for LF purposes I would suggest that they divide bags by color, put all the tan together rather than all the 1x2x3 windows, for example) then the basic bricks needed to make the rest of the rolling stock item presumably come from other bags already in the palette.

i agree on the parts being sorted by color especialy if the lego company is going to use this stuff for the LDD software. as for the “bulk bucket” i think basic bricks and plates are going to have to be included. granted there not hugly usefull in the big picture but being able to buld a model from the bulk bucket is going to increse it’s value to costomers and will make building a model on LDD easyier. besides the added avalablity of dark green brick in bulk would be huge news in my book. ondrew

p.s. sorry no spell check, blame it on lazyness.