 Trains / 25905
Re: Train Factory palette
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Fri, 16 Sep 2005 21:23:31 GMT

Yes, tan train windows (like the ones the guys in Windsor got) would be
awesome... especially for all those two-tone European coaches with tan and dark
(brown|green|red|blue|purple...) color on the bottom!  Also the US street
cars/trolleys too.

I really don't know implementation details about LEGO factory but the "train"
elements we suggested would have to be used in conjunction with an assortment of
basic building elements (and the dozen or so train specific elements) in order
to build any trains.

SteveB

In lugnet.trains, Jason J. Railton wrote:
In lugnet.trains, Steven Barile wrote:
Here are some details of our process (walkin the NDA fine line here, so bear
with me)...

Imagine if you were asked to come up with ~40** unique (specific shape and
specific color) parts to add the LEGO Factory palette for a train factory
palette. Assume that this is in addition to train specific parts e.g. wheels,
couplers, bogie plate, etc.

Let me share some numbers: there are about 1,700 unique elements (of ~18,000) in
the 9v train line. You can do this via Peeron (if you dare).

So with this starting point, coming up with the list was not easy! But with that
all said, if/when the LEGO Train palette happens it will be the parts pack from
Heaven! It won't have everything you'd ever want but, everything in it would be
of premium value to a train builder! Basically it is roof, window, door,
textured, and train greeble (sp?) elements in the most generic colors (what else
could it be?).

I hope this helps!

SteveB

*CoughTanTrainWindowFrames?*  Although I've developed a fetish for brown lately,
so I should probably keep my head down... ;-)

Actually, there's a real question here.  Is the train builder's kit directly
related to the additional factory palette?  (Assuming these are two separate
ventures that are both going to happen). Are they going to be based around the
same cluster bags, as we've seen with the mini robots kits and palettes?

Jason R