 Trains / 25923
Re: Train Factory palette
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Sun, 18 Sep 2005 02:23:05 GMT

In lugnet.trains, John Neal wrote:
   In lugnet.trains, Jake McKee wrote:

<snip>

   But I guess the core question here is this - Besides the obvious (buffer plates, train wheels, bogies plates, etc.), what parts can you not live without in order to be able to create great train models?

(The following is from Steve Barile, who asked me to post it for him because his new email addy isn’t registered with LUGNET yet...) -JOHN

I see the port hole printed clear panels come up several times. We didn’t think of this at the time but what about a few sticker sheets. Way less expensive than molded bricks!

1) 1x2x2 transparent panels window treatments in various colors

2) 1x4x3 transparent panels window treatments in various colors

3) 2x6x2 transparent curved windscreen (very rough) **

4) Various freight logo’s 5)???

I believe the die-cut blade tool is the expensive part of sticker sheets. So the same die-cut blade tool could be used for several sticker color/shape variations.

SteveB

Great idea!

When the Spiderman’s Doc Ock’s Hideout #4856 came out I thought how cool those sticker sheets were for the 1x4x5 windows. I thought wow, large mullioned windows made easy (sort of like the ones in Philadelphia’s Independence Hall). I thought how cool they would be in other colors and sizes.... 1x4x3 windows with 12 panes, 1x2x2 with 2 horizontal, 2 vertical, or 4 (like the old 1x1x1, 1x2x1 and 1x1x2 classic windows).

If TLG can’t come up with new Train or Town window designs, then new stickers would be awesome for both!

Gary Istok