 Trains / *26269 (-100)
  Re: Layout Started

Yesterday worked out to be pretty productive. Made a donation to Home Depot and bought a straight edge for the long plywood rip cuts. Good thing I didn't have to show both sides as a finished edge. The carbide teeth really ate away at the topside of (...) (20 years ago, 24-Jan-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: The Queensland Tilt Train - and it tilts!

(...) That's a great idea, way too few danish trains out there! May I suggest this one: (URL) ... the newest (and most cool!) danish train. It's doing test runs at the moment, delayed by a year or so due to incompetent italian construction (but (...) (20 years ago, 24-Jan-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: The Queensland Tilt Train - and it tilts!

(...) Hello Esben, You have built a really good model train ! 10/10 ! It's good to see people from all around the world ,building Australian trains. I really like all of the tilt mechanisms that people have built . I've been planing to build a APT (...) (20 years ago, 24-Jan-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: High time to update the sidebar images!

(...) nope. Maybe better to send this sort of thing in email first and only post if you get blown off, but these are all good suggestions. On my todo list. (20 years ago, 24-Jan-05, to lugnet.trains)

  High time to update the sidebar images!

I'dve sent a direct mail about this to Larry but I thought it'd be better to hear what the other .train folks would have to add to this list first. I think the sidebar is WAY overdue for an update. Some nice MOCs have come along recently, like (...) (20 years ago, 24-Jan-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: My new page at MOCpages.

(...) Hey dont be so hard on your self. I go by Dave or David. I am glad you could check out my ,still in the works, website. I did some more work on the site today. It now has some much needed HTML so it shows the pictures in nice tables. The TGV (...) (20 years ago, 24-Jan-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Interesting roof idea...

(...) Wow! Thanks for calling this to attention. It's great. I love this solution for the tilting mechanism! Great inspiration. I hope we can find a way to make it more robust and perhaps also work for trains with coaches that share wheelsets. (...) (20 years ago, 23-Jan-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: The Queensland Tilt Train - and it tilts!

Cooool! our beloved Tilt train! looks groovy :D sadly we lost one late last year in an accident and it won't be replaced :( but we have a couple left... not an expensive trip either. Nice train! wanna sell me a ticket? ;) Mel back in Brisbane, (...) (20 years ago, 24-Jan-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: My new page at MOCpages.

(...) D'OH! Got your name wrong, David! I'm sorry- hope you'll forgive me. Legoswami Samarth (20 years ago, 24-Jan-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: My new page at MOCpages.

(...) I was looking through these yesterday and was wondering who you were! I wanted to make a 'found this on MOCpages' post, but I'm glad I waited. I really liked the TGV. It has a good toy (ie 6-wide) scale, and uses fairly common parts. I'm not (...) (20 years ago, 24-Jan-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Bridge and Retaining Wall

I've been working on a bridge and retaining wall for our next show and just thought I get some feedback from the community. Although it's still in a developmental state here's a preview pic: (URL) the folder after moderation: (URL) Darrow IndyLUG / (...) (20 years ago, 24-Jan-05, to lugnet.trains) !

  Re: New Train Moc - Simple Red Caboose

(...) Gee, is Steve the guy I stole the hand rail thing from? Thanks for the idea Steve.* Chris (20 years ago, 24-Jan-05, to lugnet.trains)

  V/line N-set

Hi all, (URL) V/line N-set> Well these have been built for a while, but I only just got around to taking some pics. (URL) N-sets> are used for the bulk of inter-city passenger trains in Victoria, so I built a set to be pulled by my (URL) N-class>, (...) (20 years ago, 24-Jan-05, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.loc.au, FTX) !

  Re: The Queensland Tilt Train - and it tilts!

(...) Very nice, and technically very interesting. The only comment I'd make is that, while your model is very cool, the power cars on the real tilt train don't actually tilt, only the passenger cars do. Allister (20 years ago, 24-Jan-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  My new page at MOCpages.

Hello all you LEGO train AFOLs. I wanted to let you all know about my growing MOC's page. Its still needs some work but I am adding new pics every day. Most of the MOC's are trains but there will be a few buildings and other interesting/fun MOC's. (...) (20 years ago, 23-Jan-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: The Queensland Tilt Train - and it tilts!

(...) Sweeeeeeeet! That roof really does look good! And the gravity system is really quite cool - it means that it doesn't tilt as far when going slowly, just like the real train. ROSCO (20 years ago, 23-Jan-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: The Queensland Tilt Train - and it tilts!

(...) Whoops! Didn't remember this one, and I *think* one in 7740 colours cropped up once on MOCPages too! My Bad :-@ (...) I suppose this is the price of animated funtionality in trains.... even 8 wide scale isn't enough sometimes. I've been toying (...) (20 years ago, 23-Jan-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: The Queensland Tilt Train - and it tilts!

(...) I built a tilting train many years ago based loosely on the 4559 and used this principle - 2x2 turntables angled on hinges. I still have some paper pics somewhere. The design used leading bogies at the front to effect the tilt and a passive (...) (20 years ago, 23-Jan-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New Train Moc - Simple Red Caboose

(...) That might be a while! :) I hope you don't wait. As others have said, the idea of trying to do a Turtle Creek just rocks. It would be so cool if you could bring it to Cincy! As for the caboose itself, while I think it's a bit short, I like it (...) (20 years ago, 23-Jan-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: The Queensland Tilt Train - and it tilts!

(...) A long time ago there was an example of another kind of active tilt (this QSR one uses gravity, near as I can tell) posted by, IIRC, Eric Brok. (URL) That one used 45 degree sloped pivots to force turns as the cars went through curves. VERY (...) (20 years ago, 23-Jan-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: The Queensland Tilt Train - and it tilts!

(...) The movie (URL) You're absolutely right, well spotted, I didn't notice that myself. The thing is, I ran out of train weights for the second car, so its not quite as heavy as the first car. It has got two implications: Firstly, the car doesn't (...) (20 years ago, 23-Jan-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: The Queensland Tilt Train - and it tilts!

(...) In your movie #4, the train goes through much of the last turn with the wrong tilt..., like the last car got "stuck" in the previous tilt. Is something jamming? Great work! :] KDJ ___...___ LUGNETer #203 (20 years ago, 23-Jan-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: The Queensland Tilt Train - and it tilts!

(...) Samarth, perhaps you missed this one: (URL) A 4-car British Pendolino, using bevel gears for the tilt. This means it can cope well with double bends (the Hornby APT rises up on double bends because it relies on a tilted curved track on which (...) (20 years ago, 23-Jan-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Layout Started

Made a decent dent in the benchwork framing yesterday. Turns out I was short a 2x4 for the narrow connector between the two loops. Since I had done the drywall finishing myself, I went ahead and bolted the framing directly to the wall studs. I went (...) (20 years ago, 23-Jan-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: The Queensland Tilt Train - and it tilts!

Congratulations, Esben! Thats a fine looking train. I find the tilt mechanism very interesting! Only one other tilt train I know of is James Mathis' APT, which from what I know, uses a similar mechanism. It's a pity that this doesn't have interiors, (...) (20 years ago, 23-Jan-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  The Queensland Tilt Train - and it tilts!

Hey everyone, Just returned to my pile of Lego bricks after half a year on exchange at the University of Queensland in Brisbane... Australia is awesome, I reckon! Anyway, I came across this wonderful train with a name that says it all, the Tilt (...) (20 years ago, 23-Jan-05, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.loc.dk, lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.loc.au.qld.bri, lugnet.loc.au.qld.bun, lugnet.loc.au.qld.cai, lugnet.loc.au.qld.roc, lugnet.loc.au.qld.mac, FTX) !!

  Interesting roof idea...

on a very nice model (URL) hope I'm not stealing anyone's thunder but I saw this train in the new folders on Brickshelf and had to post. As well as simple but clever tilt technique it looks really good, with a complicated front well rendered in the (...) (20 years ago, 23-Jan-05, to lugnet.trains) !

  Re: New Train Moc - Simple Red Caboose

THANKS EVERYONE! Not only for the compliments but for the courteous exchange! I have to admit that it feels good too! :) It was just one of those MOCs that just came together. I guess I have been so obsessed with building in rare colors that I (...) (20 years ago, 22-Jan-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New Train Moc - Simple Red Caboose

(...) Hey Steve, nicely done. Traditional, detailed, clean design, and RED!!! Spotlighted! Looking forward to following the developments in TCBL. Janey "Red Brick" (20 years ago, 22-Jan-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: New Train Moc - Simple Red Caboose

This is a really awesome idea! Someone else said it, and I agree, it would be awesome to see this in MR. I'll bet they never expected their design to inspire someone to this end. The truck hood is a neat idea and the stairs on the caboose are nicely (...) (20 years ago, 22-Jan-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: New Train Moc - Simple Red Caboose

(...) Super duper. I think that is a great caboose. You did a great job all around, and I like the way you installed the front and rear facing airplane windows backwards. Simple, subtle, and effective, cudos. Chris (20 years ago, 22-Jan-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Lessons learned in pre-school

(...) Oh I'll have to disagree with that. When we run the Rail Racers at shows and events the kids line up, big and little. Maybe it's the lights, maybe its smell of train tires burning, maybe it's the cool space age trains, maybe its screaming (...) (20 years ago, 22-Jan-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Hats off to Jake!

(...) I too, say thank you. I'm hoping there will be several new sculpture kits introduced this year. There are only 5 sculpture kits currently for sale at S@H (in the US anyhow). With the Statue of Libery, Mini Figure, and several others selling (...) (20 years ago, 22-Jan-05, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.build.sculpture, FTX)

  Re: Lessons learned in pre-school

(...) Yes, we certainly are. But the pre-school kids don't find drag-racing *cool*. Maybe for the bigger kids and adults... The younger kids much prefer train layouts they can go round and round many laps like the Grand Prix. And ones in which they (...) (20 years ago, 22-Jan-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: New Train Moc - Simple Red Caboose

(...) Steve, The way you used the old-style minifig torso for the hood of the red flatbed pickup as shown here: (URL) (20 years ago, 22-Jan-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: "Some pigs are more equal than other pigs"

In lugnet.trains, Ken Nagel wrote: <snip> (...) Whereas I think I can see both sides of this issue, 1- Larry wasn't posting as an admon, he was posting as a user of LUGNET, justlike the rest of us, and 2- by the very fact that he mentioned o.t.fun (...) (20 years ago, 22-Jan-05, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org.niltc, lugnet.org.us.clb, lugnet.general, lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.admin.terms)

  "Some pigs are more equal than other pigs"

On Tuesday the 18th I extended a simple invitation for people to Visit NILTC’s next show: (URL) was responded to by Larry Pieniazek, The curator for lugnet.trains thus: (URL) copy came from the library who is very excited about this show. I would (...) (20 years ago, 22-Jan-05, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org.niltc, lugnet.org.us.clb, lugnet.general, lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.admin.terms) !

  Re: New Train Moc - Simple Red Caboose

Have to say the caboose looks really good, I'd almost go so far as to say its the definative model. However I realise that cabooses vary! It seems like you have distilled all the good elements of previous caboose MOCs into one. Interested to see (...) (20 years ago, 22-Jan-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Wire routing

(...) In my wider trains I usually include a 1x4 hole in the cab floor and have the wire connecting to the motor with the connector at the same end of the motor as the coupling. The 1x4 slot gives enough room for the bogies of a loco of bogie (...) (20 years ago, 21-Jan-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New Train Moc - Simple Red Caboose

(...) Lookin' good, Steve. As loathe as I am to highlight your work, we've gotta get something else on the front page, so... highlighted. ;) Anyway, I'm impressed with the layout thus far, and can't wait to see what you do to span the canyon. This (...) (20 years ago, 21-Jan-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: New Train Moc - Simple Red Caboose

Funny you mention mine! I have had my eye on the one you did years ago. I might just steal it! :) Trains.com article: (URL) pic: (URL) SteveB (...) (20 years ago, 21-Jan-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Wire routing

(...) Rob You could do what I did in my track pickup experiments, cut the wire, and use a c100x2 connector to re-attach them later. The C100 sockets just fit through a technic pin. (2 URLs) The picture shows a pair if sockets without the plastic (...) (20 years ago, 21-Jan-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: New Train Moc - Simple Red Caboose

(...) Great project Steve! I can't wait to see the finished mine and landscapes. jt (20 years ago, 21-Jan-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  New Train Moc - Simple Red Caboose

Hi All, I have been busily building a little branch line called the Turtle Creek Branch Line. I have been building mostly the structures but finally couldn't stand it any more and built one of the trains on the layout! I am documenting the process (...) (20 years ago, 21-Jan-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX) !!

  Re: Lessons learned in pre-school

(...) Just to make sure: Are you aware of the phenomenon (URL)? JOHN (20 years ago, 21-Jan-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: The Great Ball Contraption 2.0

(...) Alright, alright... :) (...) I originally planned to have the "dump arm" activate when the train moved forward/back into the station. But, I found it took too much pressure to get it to dump. (the train had to be going fast) Not sure if my (...) (20 years ago, 21-Jan-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Lessons learned in pre-school

(...) It seems kids not only like the high speed of Lego trains, they love to race their trains against each other. Even on a standard dual oval track ((URL) will race each other, although they know the trains are not running equal distances. So we (...) (20 years ago, 21-Jan-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Wire routing

(...) Hi Lar, I usually attach the 2x2 wire plate to the motor, bend the wire down towards the track and then bend the wire back up towards the cab. The wire then goes through a 1x2 hole in the floor and to the motor and lights in the cab. That loop (...) (20 years ago, 21-Jan-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Wire routing

(...) Left some plates out... (am I missing something with your question????) in other words to "build a recessed area" you "don't build part of the floor"! (...) He's a CAD jockey though. 4 out of 5 of his creations never leave elecron form... (20 years ago, 21-Jan-05, to lugnet.trains)

  (canceled)

  Re: Wire routing

The conductor plate gets you away from having to build a recessed area for the 2x2x2p wire plate. How did you do that anyway? I hit this issue and poked around and finally consulted to oricle, James Mathis, HE TOLD ME TO DO IT THIS WAY! ;) SteveB (...) (20 years ago, 21-Jan-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: The Great Ball Contraption 2.0

In lugnet.robotics, Steve Hassenplug wrote: (snip) (...) (snip) Nevermind the controls, how'd you build the hopper? ;-) I really like your solution, with the rotating arm that unloads it, creating an auto-reset for the hopper. I've been frustrated (...) (20 years ago, 21-Jan-05, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Wire routing

(...) Nope. Just the 2x2 wire connector straight onto the motor. Of course there is a tile on top of the wire connector and the layered plate floor/frame has a cutout, I'm pretty sure that's not the source of the resistance, I tested that with 2 (...) (20 years ago, 21-Jan-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Wire routing

Hello Larry, here is another weird idea that might help or not ... If, wherever you are currently routing the cable, you give it one whole turn, wouldn't that make sure there is at least one place along the cable length that allows the cable to (...) (20 years ago, 20-Jan-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Wire routing

(...) Oh crap, that won't work. There's simply no way to get a 2x2 electric connector through a technic hole without quantum physics. I guess I could attach a 2x4 technic plate and leave it on the train pin. Rob (20 years ago, 20-Jan-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Wire routing

(...) Oh almost forgot an LDR file, theres's one linked on this page: (URL) (20 years ago, 20-Jan-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Wire routing

(...) LOL (...) None of my locos use baseplates. I've found the best way is to have a 2x2 hole right next to the technic plate you attach the motor to, and attach the connector to the motor with the wires pointing towards the attachment pin. The (...) (20 years ago, 20-Jan-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Wire routing

"Larry Pieniazek" <larry.(mylastname)@...e.DOT.com> wrote in message news:IAn1Ew.21DE@lugnet.com... (...) Dang, and I wasn't going to make a post.... Oh well, It looks like there could be a need for me to get my Dremel out and try my hand at (...) (20 years ago, 20-Jan-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Wire routing

(...) I don't quite understand, either. Why can't you simply splice LEGO wire with thin wire, or back to itself? JOHN (20 years ago, 20-Jan-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Wire routing

Since you aren't using a train base plate, I assume you are using a 2x4 electric plate attached to the motor contacts and then attaching the 2x2 wire concetor to the under side of the 2x4 electric plate ? SteveB (...) (20 years ago, 20-Jan-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Wire routing

It has been a really long time since I've posted in .trains seeking help! (maybe never, I forget) :) So, anyway, here's the sitch. I have a diesel loco I am building. As many of you know, I usually don't use baseplates (and since this one needs (...) (20 years ago, 20-Jan-05, to lugnet.trains)

  An alternative open letter to the CEO of the LEGO Company

To Mr. Jørgen Vig Knudstorp CEO of LEGO Company Billund Denmark Dear Mr. Knudstorp, We are writing to you, the highest authority of the LEGO® Company, to affirm our support of LEGO despite the recent controversial color changes to light grey, dark (...) (20 years ago, 20-Jan-05, to lugnet.general, lugnet.lego, lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.space, lugnet.castle, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.trains, lugnet.color) !!

  Re: The Great Ball Contraption 2.0

(...) ... (...) But wait, there's more... First, a friend (another Bryan) came over with his module, and then the next day, we had a club meeting, where our whole LEGO club had modules. After running Bryan's for a bit, I considered adding a "Maximum (...) (20 years ago, 19-Jan-05, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.technic, lugnet.trains, lugnet.events.brickfest) !

  Re: Hats off to Jake!

(...) I've said it before, I'll say it again: I want to be Jake when I grow up... Thank you, Jake - for being a LEGO FAN first, and employee second! And I'm looking forward to seeing you in Cincinnati! JohnG, GMLTC (20 years ago, 19-Jan-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Hats off to Jake!

(...) SNIP (...) Jake! - keep suggesting! And thanx! (20 years ago, 19-Jan-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: UP Executive Set (was Re: Santa Fe El Capitan Hi-Level)

(...) I hadn't realized you'd added pictures of the loco. I'll keep an eye out for more in the future! (20 years ago, 19-Jan-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Hats off to Jake!

Hello! And thanks to every LEGO employee who ever designed a great set, in particular those responsible for sets #851 (1977), #375 (1978), #928 (1979), #7740 (1980), #6382 (1981), #6950 (1982), #1592 (1983), #6080 (1984), #6392 (1985), #6067 (1986), (...) (20 years ago, 18-Jan-05, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.general, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Hats off to Jake!

(...) A most wholehearted "hear hear" from here. Jake never shows any frustration with the ungratefulness of some AFOLs and works very hard to do what he can for us. On top of that he devotes a good chunk of his own time to the brick as well. It (...) (20 years ago, 18-Jan-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Hats off to Jake!

Thanks Jake. Your effort is appreciated. Chris (20 years ago, 18-Jan-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Open letter to the CEO of the LEGO Company / Call for your signs! (no discussions here please)

___...___ February 2005 To Mr. Jørgen Vig Knudstorp CEO of LEGO Company Billund Denmark Dear Mr. Knudstorp, we are writing to you, the highest authority of LEGO Company, in order to express a matter of utmost importance for our community. We, the (...) (20 years ago, 18-Jan-05, to lugnet.general, lugnet.lego, lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.space, lugnet.castle, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.trains, lugnet.color) !!

  Open letter to the CEO of the LEGO Company / Call for discussion!

Dear LEGO® Fans! Below you will find an open letter to the LEGO Company’s CEO. The Intention of the letter is the urgend wish to get back our SYSTEM grey back. I will post this letter 2 times: the second posting is meant to put your name under it. I (...) (20 years ago, 18-Jan-05, to lugnet.general, lugnet.lego, lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.space, lugnet.castle, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.trains, lugnet.color) !!

  Re: Hats off to Jake!

Good Job jake and keep dropping hints about the Space legend we have been wanting :) (20 years ago, 18-Jan-05, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.space)

  Re: Hats off to Jake!

In lugnet.trains, Steven Barile wrote: s n i p (...) Well, what is there to say but a realy large: THANK YOU JAKE Mark "keep the suggestions comin' Jake!" de Kock (20 years ago, 18-Jan-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Hats off to Jake!

(...) This BNSF loc was a satisfying build. Definitely a fun Christmas present day build. I am still completely amazed to have been involved in the Super Chief car design. I will be forever grateful to have participated in that project. Thank you, (...) (20 years ago, 18-Jan-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: NILTC Geneva Public Library Show

(...) Well they(1) got the "®" right but not the proper use of the word LEGO, which is a adjective and thus can't be pluralised(2), as we all know. 1 - I assume it's someone else's copy that's all messed up, since I thought Ken worked for LEGO Brand (...) (20 years ago, 18-Jan-05, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego, lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: Hats off to Jake!

(...) Is it possible to 4th something? Well I do anyhow!! Thanks Jake !!!!!!! I have called upon Jake numerous times for info and help with stuff and he's never let me down, although sometimes its taken a week or two. Guess I'm not the only one :) (...) (20 years ago, 18-Jan-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Hats off to Jake!

In lugnet.trains, Steven Barile wrote: (snip) I'll third that sentiment (and spotlight it!) (20 years ago, 18-Jan-05, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.dear-lego, FTX)

  Re: Hats off to Jake!

In lugnet.trains, Steven Barile wrote: <snip> (...) Jake, the unsung hero! Thanks Jake! Your efforts on our behalf are completely appreciated. The BNSF is one of the best looking things on my layout (next to my version of the GM SD70ACe, of course (...) (20 years ago, 17-Jan-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Hats off to Jake!

(...) Hear! Hear! Three cheers for Jake! I've had many many hours of fun and enjoyment thanks to Jake's "suggestions." That deserves a note of gratitude for sure! Thanks Jake! -Paul D. (20 years ago, 17-Jan-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Hats off to Jake!

Hi All, I just finally realized to ask Jake how did something like the Santa Fe (engine and car set) and the BNSF ever get made as sets at LEGO? Humbly he told me. Over time (say the last 4 years) Jake has been "suggesting" ideas to the LEGO Direct (...) (20 years ago, 17-Jan-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX) !!

  UP Executive Set (was Re: Santa Fe El Capitan Hi-Level)

(...) Thanks for enjoying this (URL) set>. This is an on-going project I'm working. I'm working toward instructions and presentation. It may be several weeks before I am ready to present this fully. Right now only a couple of the cars have any (...) (20 years ago, 17-Jan-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: GATS 8-9 jan, 2005, great model

(...) As Brian Darrow said, I took the photos at the GATS show, but I have no idea who made the MOC. I'm posting this to the IndyLUG newsgroup - hopefully whoever did it will claim his share of glory for creating it.. :) When I first saw it, I (...) (20 years ago, 17-Jan-05, to lugnet.events, lugnet.loc.us.in, lugnet.loc.us.in.ind, lugnet.town, lugnet.trains, lugnet.space, lugnet.org.us.indylug)

  Re: Dash-9 Diesel Engine - Version 2

In lugnet.trains, Robin Werner wrote: <snip> (...) Wish I were coming down, but not this year:-( Good luck to you guys on the distance contest:-) JOHN (20 years ago, 17-Jan-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  NILTC Geneva Public Library Show

Geneva Public Library 127 James Street Geneva, IL 60134-2241 ALL ABOARD FOR LEGOS® Saturday, February 12 9:00–5:00 p.m. Sunday, February 13 12:00–4:00 p.m. The Northern Illinois Lego® Train Club will be bringing huge Lego® train displays complete (...) (20 years ago, 17-Jan-05, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org.niltc, lugnet.org.us.clb)

  GATS 8-9 jan, 2005, great model

Sorry guys, I have been pacient, and waiting for someone to post about pictures from GATS 8-9 january, 2005, When browsing brickshelf, I found this gallery from GATS: (URL) to be more specific, I found this picture: (URL) would have replied to a (...) (20 years ago, 17-Jan-05, to lugnet.events, lugnet.loc.us.in, lugnet.loc.us.in.ind, lugnet.town, lugnet.trains, lugnet.space)

  Re: spyshot of my next MOC

(...) IIRC, it's 5 ft 6" or a little more. I found the page I was looking for, with reference to the guage, here it is: (URL) (...) This is interesting. I'm not good (read horrible) at math, would you mind telling me what the feet-to-stud (...) (20 years ago, 17-Jan-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: spyshot of my next MOC

In lugnet.trains, Samarth Moray wrote: <snip> Ah, I see you have gone public:-) (...) This is very interesting info, Samarth. I'm actually curious-- what is the actual gauge of W? The reason I ask is kind of ironic. Because the trucks on the WDM-1 (...) (20 years ago, 17-Jan-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: spyshot of my next MOC

(...) I thought there was a pattern to it but didn't think of the different gauges. (...) I saw that loco. They have tidied up the external cab design considerably over the imported ones, now it just looks wrong with the rest of the body rather than (...) (20 years ago, 16-Jan-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: spyshot of my next MOC

(...) SNIPPY Hiya Tim! Thanks for the compliment! Yes, the gap in the striping is for the loco name. The unit in question comes from a tech-transfer with adtranz, and the first three indigenously built locos are named. I've put a 'Navjagran' decal (...) (20 years ago, 16-Jan-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: spyshot of my next MOC

Your post made go and do some Indian railway research! Indian loco type nomenclature is a bit difficult to remember, its all WDM-1a's etc (note, I'm not sure if that one really exists!) Is the gap in the red strip of the WAP-5 for lettering, I saw (...) (20 years ago, 16-Jan-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  spyshot of my next MOC

Hi everyone, It appears that this MOC is going to be delayed a bit longer than i thought because I'm busy with the real world (amongst other things) and bieng the attention whore that I am, I couldn't wait to post at least something. So I decided to (...) (20 years ago, 16-Jan-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Santa Fe El Capitan Hi-Level

(...) SNIP (...) Hi James, great models as always! One of these days I might have the spare parts to build them... BTW, would it be possible for you to provide us with more pics of your Union Pacific Excutive Touring Set (exteriors and interiors)? (...) (20 years ago, 16-Jan-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: How does LEGO still not know?

(...) I have had the same response from customer service ( or at least a lady on the phone at s@H ). They seem to have no memory of the events that happend the day before when you rang and spoke to the same person to make sure you get the same help. (...) (20 years ago, 16-Jan-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Santa Fe El Capitan Hi-Level

(...) Sorry, I took that page down. Please visit the (URL) El Capitan folders my BrickShelf gallery>. Thanks for your interest in building it. later, James Mathis (20 years ago, 14-Jan-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Santa Fe El Capitan Hi-Level

(...) Hi James, the above link seems to be "down" Thanks again for a great model, got the split baseplates and I am about to shop around for the rest in a couple of days. Looking forward to build it, caurse "I can build it!" :o) Thomas (20 years ago, 14-Jan-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: combining LDCC and NQC style automation?

(...) If you'd rather do a little hardware work, than learn pbForth, I have a couple suggestions. 1) You could use LEDs instead of regular lights. An LED will only light, when the power is going the correct direction. So you could connect 1 LED to (...) (20 years ago, 14-Jan-05, to lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.trains)

  Re: combining LDCC and NQC style automation?

[big snip] (...) I do have DCC in the latest pbForth, but I've sort of dropped official support for older versions of MacOS. That being said, I think the instructions are still up on the site for getting it to work. :-) Please post here if you;re (...) (20 years ago, 14-Jan-05, to lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.trains)

  Re: combining LDCC and NQC style automation?

Christopher Masi wrote: [snip] (...) [snip] (...) I know, replying to myself, bad form. I have also discovered that pbForth has DCC worked into it. The good new here (although I have only looked at the introduction on the home page) is that Raplph (...) (20 years ago, 14-Jan-05, to lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.trains)

  Re: combining LDCC and NQC style automation?

(...) Ah, so you have dabbled with LDCC? Gave up? Not enough fun for the amount of effort? Or will you be going back to it? (...) Oh, I was just expecting to send power out the top of the motor to light the light, and have a small technic motor (...) (20 years ago, 14-Jan-05, to lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.trains)

  Re: combining LDCC and NQC style automation?

(...) [snip] (...) [snip] (...) Sorry, I should have thought of that when crossposting to .robotics.rcx (URL) picture has a good view of the headlight and the trolley poles. The trolley poles are the long things on the roof that pick up the power (...) (20 years ago, 14-Jan-05, to lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.trains)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact