 Trains / 24031
Re: spyshot of my next MOC
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Sun, 16 Jan 2005 18:55:11 GMT

W- broad guage, Y is metre guage, Z and N are for 2 and 2 ft 6” guages. D is for diesel, A is for electric, and CA is AC/DC current electrics. and the last letter is for traffic, M for mixed, P for passenger, S for shunter/switcher and G for goods. the last number is (I think), according to the cronological sequence of locomotive production, but more recently it has been changed to mean the horse power of the loco. To confuse things even further, some locos have been excluded from the new classification.

I thought there was a pattern to it but didn’t think of the different gauges.

   One of my favourite schemes is the one for the first indegenously built WDP-4, named baaz (eagle)

I saw that loco. They have tidied up the external cab design considerably over the imported ones, now it just looks wrong with the rest of the body rather than altogether wrong!

Tim