 Trains / 24029
Re: spyshot of my next MOC
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Sun, 16 Jan 2005 15:15:16 GMT

Your post made go and do some Indian railway research! Indian loco type nomenclature is a bit difficult to remember, its all WDM-1a’s etc (note, I’m not sure if that one really exists!) Is the gap in the red strip of the WAP-5 for lettering, I saw at least one loco with something written there? I’m interested to see how you approached the cab front window grills. Don’t get offended when I say that I think Indian loco designers (or specifiers) have got absolutely no design sense! Most of the newer locos are really ugly. This gives them a charm of their own to railway enthusiasts but I can’t see them seeming modern and high tech to the average passenger. Take the WDP-4 that you made a model of, what is with those side windows! (also how do they manage to see past that huge silencer(?) when running ‘wrong’ way) Anyway, looking foward to more pics.

Tim

PS does each shed have its own livery for each loco class?