 Robotics / RCX / 2565
Re: combining LDCC and NQC style automation?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.trains
Date:
Fri, 14 Jan 2005 01:19:04 GMT

Steve Hassenplug wrote:
OK, so I made a trolley go back and forth using NQC and my RCX. My

[snip]

I would like to improve my trolley. First, I would like the lights to
stay on at the stations. Sencond, I would like to put my trolley poles
back on. Since the trolley reverses direction, I took the trolley poles

[snip]

Chris,

I'm not up on my trolly design.  Can you explain or show pictures of the "lights"
and "trolly poles"

Sorry, I should have thought of that when crossposting to .robotics.rcx

http://users.rcn.com/cjmasi/lego/trains/trolleys/new_red_trolley/new_power_for_my_trolley.htm

This picture has a good view of the headlight and the trolley poles. The
trolley poles are the long things on the roof that pick up the power
from overhead lines. The trailing pole is the one that is in the up
postion when a trolley is moving. When a trolley reverses directions,
the formerly trailing pole is lowered, and the new trailing pole is
raised to contact the wire.

You can not use NQC and LDCC.  It's like running two operating systems on your PC.
Only one works at a time.

What, you mean its not a dual core processor? Just kidding. I received
an e-mail that said that BrickOS just might be the thing to do it. I am
going to look into it.

Steve

Thanks for the info.
Chris