 Trains / 24118
Re: Layout Started
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Mon, 24 Jan 2005 12:56:21 GMT

Yesterday worked out to be pretty productive.  Made a donation to Home Depot and
bought a straight edge for the long plywood rip cuts.  Good thing I didn't have
to show both sides as a finished edge.  The carbide teeth really ate away at the
topside of the cut's finish.

Got some classic grey color matched.  Magenta, black and yellow, who'd thought?
Looks pretty close.  I only brough a 1x6 plate for the green match.  Too small
for the machine.  Looks like a 4x4 plate is the minimum.

Anyway:

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/eeandrews/Trains/top1s.jpg
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/eeandrews/Trains/top2s.jpg
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/eeandrews/Trains/top3s.jpg
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/eeandrews/Trains/top4s.jpg

I think a need a mountain with tunnel on the right loop return.  Can't beleive
how much space L-Gauge takes up.