 Trains / *25915 (-100)
  Re: Pictures from SCLTC's latest event! - December 4, 2004

Fantastic Display! WOW! (URL) e> (20 years ago, 8-Dec-04, to lugnet.trains.org.scltc, FTX)

  Re: Another useful link Re: Super Cief Consists

(...) I just would have been nice if ALL the hidden parts had been dk green, I already have orange and black. I was also dissapointed the jumper plates are black and not dk green. As for the build, I like the 4 stud cab, as it keeps it to scale with (...) (20 years ago, 8-Dec-04, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Oh Baby! Cool, new element!!

(...) Two White ones come in the 2005 Fire Engine set and four red ones are in the 2005 Enzo Ferrari 1:17 set. Bruce (20 years ago, 8-Dec-04, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.dear-lego, FTX)

  Re: Oh Baby! Cool, new element!!

(...) I though the same thing myself It seems to be available in lots of the sets, often used as bumpers/fenders One of the new police sets has at least two of them in dark bley but he image I saw has been removed Tim (20 years ago, 8-Dec-04, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.dear-lego, FTX)

  Re: Another useful link Re: Super Cief Consists

(...) Nifty resource. The guy must have a lot of time on his hands to make so many drawings (and we're the beneficiaries). I'm adding it. (...) How so? i think the cab's too small but given the amount of selective compression needed, I think they (...) (20 years ago, 8-Dec-04, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Pictures from SCLTC's latest event! - December 4, 2004

The Southern California LEGO Train Club had a great weekend at the San Diego Model Railroad Museum! (9 URLs) Pictures of our latest layout are now available on our club website at (URL) www.scltc.org>. Our layout included a brand new waterfront (...) (20 years ago, 8-Dec-04, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.trains.org.scltc, lugnet.trains, lugnet.town, lugnet.general, FTX) !!

  Another useful link Re: Super Cief Consists

I didn't see this listed, but I may have missed it. (URL) It has some great detailed drawings of modern engines, mostly US. Including many variations of more common models such as the GP-38 and SD-40. Unfortunatly it also exposes how much LEGO (...) (20 years ago, 7-Dec-04, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Dover Train Show GardenSLUG Event

GardenSLUG will be showing a Lego Train/town layout at the Dover NJ Train Show at Dover High School NJ. The train show will be Dec 12 from 9am to 3pm. If you are in the area stop by and see us. (URL) Van Dyke (20 years ago, 7-Dec-04, to lugnet.org.us.gardenslug, lugnet.events, lugnet.trains)

  Erik Amzallag's Motorized Cows are back

Hi, That is now well known that Erik Amzallag’s motorized cows are a great success during any LEGO train show. Erik has presented this concept firstly in this post : (URL) and Jason Alleman has presented a reduced version : (URL) So it was clear we (...) (20 years ago, 7-Dec-04, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Oh Baby! Cool, new element!!

(...) 5095. (...) Huw? Huw? Are you okay? :-) JOHN (20 years ago, 7-Dec-04, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.dear-lego, FTX)

  Re: Oh Baby! Cool, new element!!

(...) (URL) like (at least) 8 in yellow on the mobile crane (either side of the outriggers) (20 years ago, 6-Dec-04, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.dear-lego, FTX)

  Re: Oh Baby! Cool, new element!!

"John" <John@TCLTC.org> wrote in message news:I8BGHq.104w@lugnet.com... (...) Nice. Does it have a part number on it? The (20 years ago, 6-Dec-04, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Magnetic sensor

(...) Not being a purist, I ordered 5 of their magnetic sensor kits together with 20 of the short electric cables a while ago. The package that arrived contained the 5 magnetic sensors but only 6 of the electric cables. So I e-mailed them about the (...) (20 years ago, 6-Dec-04, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.robotics, FTX)

  Re: SCLTC braces for 10,000 visitors in 29 hours! (revised)

(...) Would you believe we had 6,300 visitors on Saturday alone? And that was the slow day (because of the weather). -Ted (20 years ago, 6-Dec-04, to lugnet.trains.org.scltc, FTX)

  Re: Shows over folks!

(...) I'm no longer sure which of those two groups I belong in, but thank you (all three train groups) for putting on a great show! I was present to demonstrate a module for a Great Ball Contraption, and was really welcomed by everybody I bumped (...) (20 years ago, 6-Dec-04, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.org.us.clb)

  Impromptu meeting of SanDLUG this Saturday.

Impromptu meeting of SanDLUG this Saturday, Dec. 11th around noon. If you are in the SD area come join us. A couple of members of SanDLUG are working the SCLTC LEGO train layout at the model train museum this Saturday. And a few more members have (...) (20 years ago, 6-Dec-04, to lugnet.org.us.sandlug, lugnet.trains.org.scltc, FTX)

  Oh Baby! Cool, new element!!

I have desired such an element for at least 5 years, and TLG has finally produced it: (URL) I only know of it from this little 2005 racer set in yellow, but I'm sure it will start appearing in other more useful colors (hint, hint;-) such as black (...) (20 years ago, 6-Dec-04, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.dear-lego, FTX)

  Re: Shows over folks!

(...) My 4-year-old son and I spent both mornings there, and on Saturday afternoon, my wife and our 2-month old joined us too. We all thoroughly enjoyed it. Some here will think I'm exaggerating, but: we used to live about 40 minutes from Legoland (...) (20 years ago, 6-Dec-04, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.org.us.clb)

  Shows over folks!

The Second anuall Midwest Lego Train Show was a big hit. We're still waiting on final attendance totals! The pictures go on though! Pictures from NILTC, IndyLug, MichianaLUG, The Chicago Lego Builders Group and more can be found at... (URL) the (...) (20 years ago, 6-Dec-04, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.org.us.clb)

  Re: First public display for M>ltc

(...) Ross being in Queensland we annot get down but would love it if you could post some pics of the display so we can see how you guys are going down there. I hope it all goes well and above all enjoy yourselves. mingle with all the other displays (...) (20 years ago, 6-Dec-04, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org.mltc, FTX)

  First round Of Pictures from Cantigny

The first day of the 2nd annuall Midwest Lego Train Show was a blast. The first round of pictures can be found here as soon as moderated... (URL) to all who attended and many thanks to all who displayed their bricks! Theres still one more day left! (...) (20 years ago, 5-Dec-04, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.org.us.clb)

  [Press Release] BayLTC is "On Track" for 2005

For Immediate Release Contact: Russell Clark rclark@telis.org 408.605.5412 (cell) SAN FRANCISCO BAY AREA, CA - With the end of 2004 rapidly approaching, the Bay Area LEGO Train Club's 2005 calendar is already filling up. We have signed up for five (...) (20 years ago, 4-Dec-04, to lugnet.org.us.baylug, lugnet.org.us.sacbb, lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sac)

  GFLUG and GFLTC at FLBG this Saturday

Hi all, The Greater Florida LEGO Users Group and Train Club will have a display at the Florida Botanical Gardens for Seasonal Sensations December 4, 2004 in Largo, Florida. Our display room will feature a large LEGO Theme park with running trains (...) (20 years ago, 4-Dec-04, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.loc.us.fl, lugnet.org.us.gflug)

  First public display for M>ltc

M>ltc is happy to announce we will be displaying our first public layout at the Melbourne Train Expo and Hobby Show, next weekend 11th & 12th of December. Details: Brentwood Community Youth Club Hall Brandon Park Reserve Ferntree Gully Road Glen (...) (20 years ago, 3-Dec-04, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.town, lugnet.announce, lugnet.trains.org.mltc, lugnet.loc.au.vic.mel, FTX) !

  Re: New British Class 50 'Hoover' in Large-Logo Blue Livery

SNIPPY (...) Hi Mark, This is really neat. It's really nice to see more train MOCs. I had also built a Class 50 (Valiant) about a year ago, with a flawed bogie design which I didn't even realise: (URL) I was thinking of doing a new version in the (...) (20 years ago, 3-Dec-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New British Class 50 'Hoover' in Large-Logo Blue Livery

(...) For those that don't know what a real class 50 looks like (most of the world I should imagine!) is a pic of the real 50033 (URL) me!>> Pic from the site (URL) 50's> (interestingly a google.co.uk search for (URL) br class 50> brings up a Lego (...) (20 years ago, 3-Dec-04, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  The SPLTC to Display its Old West Town Train Layout - 12/5 & 12/6

The SPLTC (Southern Pacific LEGO® Train Club) will be displaying its "Old West Town" layout at the GATS show in Del Mar. On our 15' x 25' layout, you will find: • An “Old West Town” circa the late 1800’s • Multiple-horse drawn wagons & corrals • (...) (20 years ago, 3-Dec-04, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.announce, lugnet.org.us.lugola, lugnet.org.us.sandlug) !!

  SCLT braces for 10,000 visitors in 29 hours! (revised)

(URL) SCLTC expects a crush of well over 10,000 visitors to pass by its current show at the San Diego Model Railroad Museum this weekend in just two brief 5 hour segments. The occasion is SCLTC’s third straight year at the annual December Nights (...) (20 years ago, 3-Dec-04, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org.scltc, FTX) !!

  Re: New British Class 50 'Hoover' in Large-Logo Blue Livery

(...) Big...and reliable! I go primarily by track gauge, which at 37.66mm is as near to 8mm:1ft or 1 stud:1ft as 16.5mm track is to the HO scale of 3.5mm:1ft. The British loading gauge is smaller than the US one. The maximum width (of the W6 gauge (...) (20 years ago, 2-Dec-04, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Using Code Pilot to control motorized cows

Purists please skip this post as it involves non-LEGO sensors. Lacking an RCX, but loving the motorized cows ( (URL) ), I needed to find a way to control them with the code pilot (from set 8479 Barcode Multi-Set) I have. The only LEGO sensor that (...) (20 years ago, 2-Dec-04, to lugnet.robotics.codepilot, lugnet.trains)

  (canceled)

  Re: New British Class 50 'Hoover' in Large-Logo Blue Livery

(...) Very nice Mark! I remember having a HO model of that loco when I was a kid (probably Hornby), you've captured the colouring and details really well. And the logo is great - instantly recognisable! ROSCO (20 years ago, 2-Dec-04, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Show Report - NovaLUG at 2 day show in Dartmouth Nova Scotia

2 DAY SHOW - NOV. 20-21, 2004 This was Novalug's 3rd show at the Dartmouth Sportsplex. All six members and two guests participated. Owen sent his Grand Central Station (which many of us decided might be worth buying, luckily TRU just put it on sale) (...) (20 years ago, 2-Dec-04, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.org.ca.novalug, lugnet.loc.ca.ns.hal) !

  Re: what is the best starter train set?

(...) Just checked with Precious Princess Palace and the track in the my own freight train bundle is old gray. At least there is a lot of that out there. (20 years ago, 2-Dec-04, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: New British Class 50 'Hoover' in Large-Logo Blue Livery

(...) <snip> Very nice, Mark. Big! :-d~~ I have a question about the scale. It appears to be 8 wide, which would imply to me to be more like 6.4mm:1ft. Are you going solely by track gauge for scaling, or width of the loco? I would guess that that (...) (20 years ago, 2-Dec-04, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  New British Class 50 'Hoover' in Large-Logo Blue Livery

Here's a new British loco in 8mm:1ft scale. It is 50033 "Glorious" in memory of the real engine of that name being shut up in Swindon (UK) STEAM museum, fully serviceable but unable to run - what a shame! Still, you can go and see it without finding (...) (20 years ago, 1-Dec-04, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.loc.uk, FTX) !

  Re: Fw: What is the Best Starter Train Set? LEGO 65537

(...) I heard a rumor at a train show that TLC had a manufacturing problem and won't have more than a few thousand available to retailers until after Christmas. (20 years ago, 2-Dec-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: what is the best starter train set?

(...) I think you are probably right, especially with regards to track. I f you start off with new dark grey track you can buy it all cheap from those AFOLs with large collections who hate it!. Plus it should (hopefully) be avaialble new for a a (...) (20 years ago, 2-Dec-04, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: what is the best starter train set?

(...) Precious Princess Palace on bricklink had a slew of them all for $80 so they are still around. Good to know about the gray. Luckily my dark ages pretty much started in the early/mid 90's so I missed most of the color additions and when I did (...) (20 years ago, 2-Dec-04, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Fw: What is the Best Starter Train Set? LEGO 65537

Doug, You are right! I couldn't find 65537 listed at BrickBros either. But it should also be pointed out that this is a hard set to try and locate anywhere on the internet. I did some searching for it on google, and most e-tailers selling LEGO don't (...) (20 years ago, 1-Dec-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: what is the best starter train set?

(...) I don't seem to see this train on the Brick Brothers site anywhere. I too would like to take the jump to trains, and would like to try with this one (20 years ago, 1-Dec-04, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: what is the best starter train set?

(...) At present I believe that all the sets have old dark grey track excepting the newer (URL) 10132 motorised Harry Potter set> ans possibly the (URL) 65537 My Own Train Classic Freight Train> may also have new dark grey as it was released this (...) (20 years ago, 1-Dec-04, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: what is the best starter train set?

(...) Oh, ya!!! I completely forgot about that one! It IS a screaming deal. (...) I think a lot of adult fans at the time didn't think much of the set design. It has good parts and thus if you can find it deeply discounted it's a good buy, but the (...) (20 years ago, 30-Nov-04, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: what is the best starter train set?

(...) That is a screaming deal. Thanks. I'm curious as to why 4561 isn't highly regarded. I guess I'm more looking for a basic set up (motor, tracks and some basic parts) and then intend on creating my own train. I agree that the more recent Super (...) (20 years ago, 30-Nov-04, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: what is the best starter train set?

(...) The easy no brainer is the 65537 My Own Train Classic Freight Train, which has upwards of $165 worth of stuff and sells for under $80 (try <www.brickbros.net>). See (URL) for more info. Welcome back! -Ted (20 years ago, 30-Nov-04, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: what is the best starter train set?

(...) It is. (...) That change happenend almost 15 years ago now, and there haven't been any changes since, so any 9V you get is compatible with any other. 4.5 and 12v stuff is also gauge compatible. So it's all good. (...) What are your criteria? (...) (20 years ago, 30-Nov-04, to lugnet.trains)

  what is the best starter train set?

I've recently come out of my dark ages and feel its about time to finally get a train set up going after years of dreaming of one. I've done some research on which trains to get or start with and haven't come to any conclusive "this is the set to (...) (20 years ago, 30-Nov-04, to lugnet.trains)

  ILTCO to display at the NMRA 2005 National Train Show

Greetings We are delighted to announce that ILTCO has been invited to display at the National Model Railroad Association (NMRA) Annual Train Show. NMRA 2005 Train Show will be held immediately following the NMRA National Convention in Cincinnati. (...) (20 years ago, 30-Nov-04, to lugnet.events, lugnet.general, lugnet.announce, lugnet.loc.us.oh, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org, FTX) !!

  Super Cief Consists

The old Super Cief Consists link doesn't work any more. But I've found another site that has some good information regarding the early streamline versions (uses E1 engines enstead of F3s). But the cars are mostly the same, the later SC haveing a (...) (20 years ago, 30-Nov-04, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  (off-topic) Forth Bridge Rivets

(...) The Forth Bridges Visitors Centre Trust (a registered charity) has a limited number of encapsulated Forth Bridge rivets for sale. The rivets were removed as part of the ongoing maintenance of the structure and donated to the trust by Network (...) (20 years ago, 30-Nov-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: RCX and the 9v system - help needed!

(...) Hi William I found out when I ran the train using the Discovery Scout that it just hurtled around the track, then backwards and forwards if I used the pre-programmed commands. I have not experimented too much with the RCX, but thanks for the (...) (20 years ago, 30-Nov-04, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.robotics, FTX)

  Re: RCX and the 9v system - help needed!

Another option is to have the RCX control a Mindstorms polarity switch which can break the connection between the controller and the track. However this doesn't give the RCX the ability to control the speed of the train. (20 years ago, 30-Nov-04, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.robotics)

  LEGO Factory entry: 3-Wide!

LEGO Factory Entry for Week Three: BZPBinkmeister's 3-Wide! (2 URLs) More pictures and info> This train and station design is comprised of 641 pieces and weighs almost a pound. Micro indeed. Settled on four competition-regulation 8x8 green micro (...) (20 years ago, 30-Nov-04, to lugnet.build.microscale, lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Lego Train 115 - building instruction

(...) Dear Ton, thanks a lot for sharing this instructions with the community! I have just one hint to add: that set has definitely been sold in Austria. An AFOL at 1000steine reported that a while ago (he got that set as a child) and he even had a (...) (20 years ago, 29-Nov-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: London Underground Train

. (...) Terry, That's two questions! Minifigs are inside it but I have had to use a 2x1 brick or plates for the legs to reduce the height of the standing ones. It's quite amazing how each hair piece or hat affects the height of the 'figs with such (...) (20 years ago, 29-Nov-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: London Underground Train

(...) Very neat! I have one question: can you put Minifigs inside it? The doors open in what way? More pics please!!! Nice replica. Terry (20 years ago, 29-Nov-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Train Set Design (Help?)

(...) Oops, sorry, should have been "(Like we can now do *for models* in Ldraw)". I was making an analogy between TrackDraw and LDraw - the ability to reproduce a train layout (TrackDraw) and a model (LDraw) through the respective data files. C S (...) (20 years ago, 29-Nov-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Train Set Design (Help?)

In lugnet.trains, Larry Pieniazek wrote: ... (...) I don't recall saying this -- I probably did though, I just don't remember -- but what I meant to say was "I don't know how to do a Track Designer converter". I've tried a few times to get in touch (...) (20 years ago, 29-Nov-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Train Set Design (Help?)

In lugnet.trains, Jan-Albert van Ree wrote: ... (...) There is a project called Mono ( (URL) ) that will allow TrackDraw to run under Linux and MacOS X at some date in the future, if all goes well. Cary (20 years ago, 29-Nov-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Train Set Design (Help?)

(...) ... (...) No question; the documentation needs a lot of work. For instance, the keyboard shortcuts merely says that "'Tab' alternates the last track added." Lame. That means nearly nothing, much less suggesting that 'Tab' will rotate the (...) (20 years ago, 29-Nov-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Lego Train 115 - building instruction

Hi, Recently I acquired lego train set 115. It is in bad shape, but it included the building instructions (never been published before). You can find them on my web site (URL) regards, Ton (20 years ago, 28-Nov-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Announcing the 2nd annual Midwest Lego train show Dec. 4th-5th

as a little side note I will have around 200lbs of color sorted brick for sale at prices you could probably only dream of. i will also be taking trades for yellow 2x4 brick and green brick plates. i need around 2000 2x4 yellow bricks and 300 8x16 (...) (20 years ago, 28-Nov-04, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.trains.org.niltc, FTX)

  Re: Train Set Design (Help?)

(...) I use a virtual resolution for that, also makes it very easy to do screenshots so you can make GIF's or JPEG's of your layout. Virtual desktop resolution is nearly unlimited, and with the 1 pixel/stud res I can do quite large layouts. Our 9*4m (...) (20 years ago, 28-Nov-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Train Set Design (Help?)

(...) I love TrackDraw. Every time I get a new copy of it, I marvel at how it's gotten even better. I play with it I marvel at how great it is and at the plethora of great features and gadgets it has. It never ceases to amaze me. Yet I still used (...) (20 years ago, 28-Nov-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Train Set Design (Help?)

"Jan-Albert van Ree" <javanree@vanree.net> wrote in message news:I7w9Iu.wuF@lugnet.com... (...) [ ... snipped ... ] (...) [ ... snipped ... ] I'd argue that what TrackDesigner provides is not really a zoom. It is simply a choice of 4 scales of (...) (20 years ago, 28-Nov-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Train Set Design (Help?)

"Chio Siong Soh" <robodoc@fifth-r.com> wrote in message news:I7w86q.Mu6@lugnet.com... (...) [ ... snipped ... ] (...) have cut (...) Paint (...) You have a couple of options here: 1) There is limited drawing ability within TrackDraw so you can (...) (20 years ago, 28-Nov-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Train Set Design (Help?)

(...) TrackDesigner has a (somewhat limited though) zoom function. And it's biggest plus : it will work under Linux (and probably MacOS X) using WINE, which is definately not the case for TrackDraw :( (20 years ago, 28-Nov-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Train Set Design (Help?)

(...) Hi, thanks, Cary. Tried it, works great! I'm sold on TrackDraw. Besides samples of track plans, user-friendly documentation would be appreciated in the release. Another idea is to have symbols of straight and curved tracks where we have cut (...) (20 years ago, 28-Nov-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Train Set Design (Help?)

In lugnet.trains, Chio Siong Soh wrote: ... (...) That's a great idea. It would be fun to turn all of the old Idea Book layouts into TrackDraw files for instance. That would be a neat addition to the release. If anyone has other interesting layouts, (...) (20 years ago, 28-Nov-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Train Set Design (Help?)

(...) Erm, are there samples of designs drawn with TDraw to help the needy? I have difficulty getting the curved part of a switch (points in UK) to join up with existing track. It seems that only the straight part of a switch will be accepted. So I (...) (20 years ago, 28-Nov-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Announcing the 2nd annual Midwest Lego train show Dec. 4th-5th

Announcing the 2nd annual Midwest Lego train show. On December 4-5th the NILTC, IndyLUG and MichianaLUG will join forces in Winfield, IL to fill over 5000 sq ft with Lego fun. This year’s show includes an almost entirely redesigned NILTC layout (...) (20 years ago, 27-Nov-04, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.town, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org.niltc, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, FTX) !!

  Re: RCX and the 9v system - help needed!

(...) Thanks Larry. I have tried the 9v adapter. Regarding tampering with the RCX etc I would definitely be out of my depth and wouldn't want to risk damaging them. (...) Thanks again. You understood me correctly and "we" have posted in the same (...) (20 years ago, 27-Nov-04, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: RCX and the 9v system - help needed!

(...) You can hook an RCX 1.0 brick to a 9V adapter like the one that comes with the train speed regulator. I do not know of an all LEGO way to hook up the RCX 1.5 and above or the Scout to mains power. I know people have done it by makeing false (...) (20 years ago, 27-Nov-04, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.robotics)

  RCX and the 9v system - help needed!

Hi everyone I am now the proud owner of my first 9v train (4511) and finally I can begin to experiment a little with various adaptations. But I would appreciate a little advice on the following: I can hook up both an RCX and Discovery Scout to the (...) (20 years ago, 27-Nov-04, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: London Underground Train

(...) Hello Teunis, The tube trains are 6-wide. They are running alongside standard trains which are also 6-wide so visually it was important to ensure that, if anything, they look a little narrower in keeping with the character of the prototype. (...) (20 years ago, 27-Nov-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: London Underground Train

(...) Hello Jon Great looking train ! Is it a 6 wide or a 7 wide ? Thanks,Teunis M>ltc (20 years ago, 27-Nov-04, to lugnet.trains)

  London Underground Train

Hello all, I've recently completed a model of a tube train like this one (URL) any of you have flown into Heathrow and caught the tube up to central London, this is the train you will have ridden in The lego model has been built 6-wide and (...) (20 years ago, 27-Nov-04, to lugnet.underground, lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.trains) !!

  Re: TCLTC's New Home (pics)

SNIP (...) Hi John, I'm not going to comment on that, and you know why. We've got enough about the colors going on. I prefer to just come here to see, read and display MOCs. If it suits you, great, go with it. And I say that without prejudices. I'll (...) (20 years ago, 26-Nov-04, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org, FTX)

  Re: TCLTC's New Home (pics)

(...) I don't know, but if you find out a way, please let us know! (ours gets dusty, and so we dust it) JOHN (20 years ago, 26-Nov-04, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org, FTX)

  Re: TCLTC's New Home (pics)

(...) lol Thanks, Samarth! Patience. We literally did just get the whole thing reassembled and still have a lot of detail work to put in. The minifigs all took a vote and decided it would be safer to make the trip in a bin by themselves;-) As a side (...) (20 years ago, 26-Nov-04, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org, FTX)

  Re: Chessie box cars spotted

(...) Getting more so with time but not unheard of. Boxcars usually only get painted when they really really need it so can go years and years with just the reporting marks area repainted to allow restenciling of new maintenance info and nothing (...) (20 years ago, 26-Nov-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Chessie box cars spotted

Is it unusual to still see Chessie System boxcars? I saw some in Dearborn, MI a few days ago, looking a bit weathered. I didn't have my camera. Amy (20 years ago, 26-Nov-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: TCLTC's New Home (pics)

when you have such a big layout how do you keep it from getting dusty? (20 years ago, 26-Nov-04, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org, FTX)

  Re: TCLTC's New Home (pics)

SNIPPY (...) Hi John, Thats very well done. It sure is on an impressive scale. I have only one small question, which is about something which struck me as I looked at the pics. Where are all the minifigs? Samarth (20 years ago, 26-Nov-04, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org, FTX)

  TCLTC's New Home (pics)

Well, we did it. We moved the main portion of the (URL) Twin Cities LEGO Train Club> layout to a new location and got it all set up. Now we can concentrate on finishing it! Actually, this is the first time we have been able to even see the backside (...) (20 years ago, 26-Nov-04, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org, FTX)

  Re: Train Set Design (Help?)

(...) I'm happy to announce that TrackDraw now has accurate models for 9V, 4.5V, 12V, monorail, most baseplates and road plates in any color. And just today, Thomas Woelk uploaded a crater baseplate that looks pretty darn good. You can try it out by (...) (20 years ago, 26-Nov-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Train Set Design (Help?)

"James Powell" <wx732@freenet.victoria.bc.ca> wrote in message news:I7oxzL.Aww@lugnet.com... (...) other (...) area (...) bricks (...) afford). (...) [ ... snipped ... ] I have to disagree with this. IMNSHO TrackDraw (www.trackdraw.com) is much (...) (20 years ago, 25-Nov-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Train Set Design (Help?)

(...) Not really. TD is the best program to come up with a concept of how much area you have to cover, and then I would fill in from there using baseplates, bricks and BURPS as you posess to fill in how ever big a area you want (or can afford). (...) (20 years ago, 24-Nov-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: BNSF MOC

(...) On the nose. (...) I have two. I did the moc before I did the set build with the other one. I have 3 more on order but they are from the second shipment so are back ordered. 5 is probably enough, these have the new light grey in them. :-) (20 years ago, 24-Nov-04, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Cornered roofs

(...) I too remember seeing a round(ish) building using wings to create a round roof. However I'm pretty certain it was a railway water tower and was in a fairly recent Bickshelf gallery of a show. Anyone point me in the right direction? Tim (20 years ago, 24-Nov-04, to lugnet.build, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Train Set Design (Help?)

(...) Here's a direct link to the current Track Designer layout. (URL) ignore the track alignment glitch at the mid-right. Thanks. (20 years ago, 24-Nov-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: SCLTC opens third season at SDMRRM

(...) Ted, I'm forwording this to the SandLUG group as well. We had a couple of SandLug members that have contributed to the layout that I wanted to thank. Hopefully they'll join the SCLTC as well. John Cooper contributed his LUGNET blimp launch. (...) (20 years ago, 23-Nov-04, to lugnet.trains.org.scltc, lugnet.org.us.sandlug, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sd, FTX)

  Running trains in cold weather

Hi Has anyone ever had issues running thier 9v trains out in the winter weather in a covered area? I have concerns that the cold may affect the motors and track. Did anyone have a good experience running trains in the cold weather? I did see the (...) (20 years ago, 23-Nov-04, to lugnet.trains)

  SCLTC opens third season at SDMRRM

SCLTC opens its third consecutive winter engagement at the San Diego Model Railroad Museum today. The new layout features an oceanfront with extensive undersea view, hotel, aerial balloons, lighthouse, and 90 inch arch bridge. On display at the (...) (20 years ago, 23-Nov-04, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org.scltc, lugnet.announce, FTX) !!

  Re: BNSF MOC

(...) Yes. You've used two 2x3 slopes on the right-hand side, then a 2x4 on the other side at the back and made up two studs of slope with the little 1x1x2/3 slopes. Then you've only photographed it from the right, and the one shot that shows what (...) (20 years ago, 23-Nov-04, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: BNSF MOC

(...) Ask a stupid question.... : (2 URLs) And other choo-choos of that nature... JOHN (20 years ago, 23-Nov-04, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: BNSF MOC

(...) <snip> (...) Not bad, for a 6 wide;-) I wonder if there are any NWs or SWs left out there that are painted in BNSF colors. I actually am about finished with my latest tour de force, although I have chosen to model it in Great Northern colors. (...) (20 years ago, 23-Nov-04, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  BNSF MOC

This was a fairly obvious MOC to make... it is just a recolor of (URL) MTW-2001>, done in BNSF colors now that the dark green and orange are available thanks to the new set. One beef I have with that set is that the cab at 4 studs is way too short, (...) (20 years ago, 23-Nov-04, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Train Set Design (Help?)

I realize that Track Designer has an elevation feature, but are there other sources of information on creating terrian for an L-Gauge train set? I have roughly an 11' x 11' room in which a shelf system is going. The layout is two modified dog bone (...) (20 years ago, 22-Nov-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Dover Show Success

The Dover show was a success with our layout drawing a crowd all day. We also setup a play area which drew children all day long. Many children made creations and added them to the layout. One was an incredible crocodile which naturally went into (...) (20 years ago, 22-Nov-04, to lugnet.org.us.gardenslug, lugnet.events, lugnet.trains)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact