 Trains / 23763
23762  |  23764
Subject:
what is the best starter train set?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Tue, 30 Nov 2004 20:26:37 GMT

I've recently come out of my dark ages and feel its about time to finally get a
train set up going after years of dreaming of one.  I've done some research on
which trains to get or start with and haven't come to any conclusive "this is
the set to start with".  I like the look of the 4561 set "Railway Express w/
120v AC transformer" but I'm actually not entirely clear if thats the most
recent technology - I know there has been some changes in the past with the 12v
and the 4.5v and that the current trains run on 9v.  Would this set be a good
set to start with?  Can anyone think of a better one to start with?
ANY thoughts would be MUCH appreciated.
Thanks!
Jeff Pelletier