 Trains / 23768
Re: what is the best starter train set?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Wed, 1 Dec 2004 11:37:20 GMT

   And the next question I have: do all the new sets (like this 65537) have track in the new dark gray or the old? I probably don’t even want to touch this color issue, do I?

At present I believe that all the sets have old dark grey track excepting the newer 10132 motorised Harry Potter set ans possibly the 65537 My Own Train Classic Freight Train may also have new dark grey as it was released this year. (can anyone confirm?)
New track packs bought from Lego may contain new dark grey, I suppose it depend how long they have been in the warehouse. I suspect the older sets may move to New Dark Grey if further production runs are produced.
One thing to look out for is that the 4511 High speed train used old greys but the add-ons for it (10157 High Speed Train Locomotive and 10158 High Speed Train Car) use new greys.

Tim