 Trains / 23737
23736  |  23738
Subject:
RCX and the 9v system - help needed!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Sat, 27 Nov 2004 16:32:21 GMT

Hi everyone

I am now the proud owner of my first 9v train (4511) and finally I can begin to experiment a little with various adaptations. But I would appreciate a little advice on the following:

I can hook up both an RCX and Discovery Scout to the tracks no problem. But, I am going to burn through batteries or be forever recharging! My questions are:

How do I hook up either of these sets to the mains?

Does there exist a mains adpater for the RCX/Discovery Scout?

Can I use the Speed Regulator in conjunction with the RCX/Discovery Scout? If so, how do I link them with existing LEGO cables?

I am anticipating being able to program stops at different stations etc. I have seen a picture of a show where someone is using a laptop and a few RCXs to coordinate the trains but I can’t find the Brickshelf gallery. I appreciate any ideas or suggestions or even a link to a previous thread as I am sure this has been discussed before.

Have a great weekend!

Chris