 Trains / 23759
Re: RCX and the 9v system - help needed!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.robotics
Date:
Tue, 30 Nov 2004 10:11:06 GMT

In lugnet.trains, William R. Ward wrote:
   Another option is to have the RCX control a Mindstorms polarity switch which can break the connection between the controller and the track. However this doesn’t give the RCX the ability to control the speed of the train.

Hi William

I found out when I ran the train using the Discovery Scout that it just hurtled around the track, then backwards and forwards if I used the pre-programmed commands. I have not experimented too much with the RCX, but thanks for the suggestion. I am just hoping that at some point I will have more time to put everything together and see what I can come up with.

Chris