 Trains / 23785
Re: New British Class 50 'Hoover' in Large-Logo Blue Livery
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Fri, 3 Dec 2004 11:32:26 GMT

SNIPPY
Other photos (front, side) in this folder, once moderated:

The loco features opening doors and removeable cab roof sections, to allow
the driver to be placed inside.  The bogies are articulated, with one train
motor each and a wire connecting the two for better load sharing.

PLMKWYT!
Mark

Hi Mark,
This is really neat. It's really nice to see more train MOCs. I had also built a
Class 50 (Valiant) about a year ago, with a flawed bogie design which I didn't
even realise: http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=66424

I was thinking of doing a new version in the brick, but youve shut me up quite
well! I love the scale. I only have one *minor* gripe: It's to 'brickish'. For
example, youve used plates to replicate grilles instead of using any grille
pieces. In my version, I simply used decals generated with BMP2LDdraw, since six
wides simply don't have enough space, and I had still not got over the programs
novelty. But they still seem to produce the effect quite well, especially if
youre the 'classic' lego type. I also liked the double arrow logo. Good job.

Samarth