 Trains / *2382 (-100)
  New: Amtrak EMD type F 7 attempt

Worked today on a new locomotive model. Pictures of my 1st iteration are up at my website- link through trains/locomotives. I've tried to model the General Motors EMD type F 7 locomotive in what my Marklin catalog says is the first Amtrak color (...) (25 years ago, 10-Oct-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Blue Hopper Car Mania...

(...) They should get a secure server set up. Then there would be no problem. -- Jonathan Wilson wilsonj@xoommail.com (URL) (25 years ago, 10-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.trains)

  Re: What do I need to build a 4547 facsimile?

On Sat, 9 Oct 1999, John Neal (<37FEB515.7F5F7311@...west.net>) wrote at 03:23:02 (...) You get 4 blue/grey taps with the 8860 supercar, if it's any help :-) (25 years ago, 9-Oct-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: What do I need to build a 4547 facsimile?

(...) Doors yes, windows no. They are found in numerous sets (without glass:-(). The gray drop plate can be found in 4549 Road N Rail Hauler. Clear hinge windows are tough, but the blue ones come from the 4559 as Kevin said. If you decided on a (...) (25 years ago, 9-Oct-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Blue Hopper Car Mania...

Mike Walsh wrote in message ... (...) Following up on my own post ... when I got home this evening my shipment from BusyBee was on the island in my kitchen. I am now the proud owner of six 4536 Blue Hopper Cars. Mike - mike_walsh@mindspring.com (...) (25 years ago, 9-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.trains)

  Re: What do I need to build a 4547 facsimile?

(...) The main question is, what color scheme do you want? If the same as a genuine 4547, grey, then you have a problem, because I think (someone will correct me if I'm wrong <g>) that the grey doors and windows only came in that set and the (...) (25 years ago, 8-Oct-99, to lugnet.trains)

  What do I need to build a 4547 facsimile?

I'm looking for help and suggestions on what sets I need to buy to make a club car that looks like the 4547. I know that the bottom plates of the 4561 are needed, but can anyone tell me where the best place to obtain the windows and doors may be? I (...) (25 years ago, 8-Oct-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Blue Hopper Car Mania...

(...) These are auctions not sales: (URL)Many people may not (...) I know that's a problem, Busy-Bee do want the ability to accept e-mail orders in the near future but would you trust your credit card numbers in an e-mail - there lies the trouble. (...) (25 years ago, 8-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Blue Hopper Car Mania...

On Fri, 8 Oct 1999, Frank Filz (<37FDD0C1.1B37@mind...ring.com>) wrote at 11:08:49 (...) I've pointed this out to them several times. It's really refreshing to deal with a shop which isn't just in it to screw as much out of everyone as possible. The (...) (25 years ago, 8-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Does anyone accually like 4561?

(...) Minifig accessories are okay, because they are small (and therefore cheap). But the best minifig accessories are the sort-of generic space-tools, specifically (in generally descending order of my preference): (6 URLs) These pieces can be (...) (25 years ago, 8-Oct-99, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.reviews)

  RE: Blue Hopper Car Mania...

no -----Original Message----- From: news-gateway@lugnet.com [mailto:news-gateway...net.com]On Behalf Of Mike Walsh Sent: Friday, October 08, 1999 6:47 AM To: lugnet.market.shoppi...ugnet.com; lugnet.trains@lugnet.com Subject: Re: Blue Hopper Car (...) (25 years ago, 8-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Blue Hopper Car Mania...

Has anyone in the US actually received their Blue Hopper sets yet? Mike - mike_walsh@mindspring.com (URL) (25 years ago, 8-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Blue Hopper Car Mania...

Simon said: (...) Thanks for the defense, Frank... My plan is to use these hoppers to accomplish two goals. I will sell enough off to pay for what I bought plus a little extra, but that should leave me with 20-30 to keep easily. I am also giving the (...) (25 years ago, 8-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Blue Hopper Car Mania...

(...) In some ways it would be nice if Busy Bee discovered the internet... They probably should have sold the 4536s for a bit of a premium and captured some of the proffit, since after all, they're the ones who managed to dig them up. Of course (...) (25 years ago, 8-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Java fancy instructions

It did take a while on my old clunker but it eventually showed up on the screen. It was cool!! You plan on giving us some more trains like that one? Adrian SEBarile <steve.e.barile@intel.com> wrote in message news:FJ99GD.I9K@lugnet.com... (...) it (...) (25 years ago, 8-Oct-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Blue Hopper Car stickers

Simom, As far a I can tell all first (1990/1991) 9V Train set had the same assortment of stickers and the white trapezoidal stickers were for the Locomotive in the 4563 Load N' Haul Railroad. Good thing because when I got my 4563 in back 1991, they (...) (25 years ago, 8-Oct-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Java fancy instructions

This is a fun idea. It worked fine for me. After I have viewed a larger image, the applet was slow to start again. No tomatoes for you! -- Bob Fay rfay@we.mediaone.net The Shop (URL) <steve.e.barile@intel.com> wrote in message (...) (25 years ago, 8-Oct-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Blue Hopper Car stickers

Has anyone figured out what those white trapezoidal stickers that come with the 4536 hopper car are for? I was a bit puzzled about the black double-arrowed railway symbol ones too, but eventually decided they were for some of the alternative models (...) (25 years ago, 8-Oct-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Java fancy instructions

Steve, It worked fine for me. Pretty interesting! :) Scott S. SEBarile wrote: (25 years ago, 7-Oct-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Java fancy instructions

Hi all, Michael Arnett has very gaciously cleaned up my Union Pacific engine .DAT file. Since he did all that work I took a stab at trying some "cool" (but it kinda sucks cause its so slow) way of showing instructions. It's a Java applet (crap-let) (...) (25 years ago, 7-Oct-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Blue Hopper Car Mania...

(...) That is a little sad... then again, since I couldn't really see myself building any, I didn't buy any. But I don't really see anything *wrong* with people who bought 30 and end up selling some to offset the cost of theirs. Now someone who (...) (25 years ago, 7-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Blue Hopper Car Mania...

(...) Yeah I know, tried to upload the latest update and my web page server is down - damm you freebie sites! They are running out of loads of train stuff, they've just sold out of 4555 and 4552, 4525 is low - the end of an era. Pity about the (...) (25 years ago, 7-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.trains)

  Re: New Lego Train Club?

We seem to have various sized clubs and varying names, there is no consistent standard.... PNLTC - Pacific Northwest GMLTC - Greater Midwest NOVALTC - Northern Virginia NGLTC - Northern Georgia Who is your target? Name it after them... Is it the (...) (25 years ago, 7-Oct-99, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Does anyone accually like 4561?

(...) I'd think of the raft as a cheater peice: (URL) can build it out of regular lego peices, but instead of being imaginative, they build a new peice. Okay, having said that, I kinda like the zodiacs. Ciao! (25 years ago, 6-Oct-99, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.reviews)

  Re: Does anyone accually like 4561?

(...) But minifig accessories are okay, yeah? I think of the raft as just a really big example. (25 years ago, 6-Oct-99, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.reviews)

  Re: Does anyone accually like 4561?

(...) 'Useless' is in reference to building other stuff out of them. I'd *really* like to see someone build something with the raft which isn't a raft. Steve (25 years ago, 6-Oct-99, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.reviews)

  Re: New Lego Train Club?

(...) How about GFLTC - Greater Florida Lego Train Club Not real specific location wise so anybody from Florida could join. Paul (URL) (25 years ago, 6-Oct-99, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: New Lego Train Club?

(...) I WOULD CHOOSE THIS!!! (25 years ago, 6-Oct-99, to lugnet.trains.org)

  New Lego Train Club?

Hi all, I looking to start a new LTC in Florida and having a hard time with the name and thought you guys could help. 1st name: FSLTC - Florida State Lego Train Club (The one Gator fan hates this name!) 2nd name: CFLTC - Central Florida Lego Train (...) (25 years ago, 6-Oct-99, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: H & R Trains - Fall Show Pictures

Thanks, I hope to have better pictures soon the first set are much to fuzzy, so much for that cheep $10 camera with the free film and batteries. I guess you get what you pay for, but I did get other pictures with my other camera (hope they come out (...) (25 years ago, 6-Oct-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: H & R Trains - Fall Show Pictures

Robin, Nice work, again. That is some station that you have created! Chris (...) (25 years ago, 6-Oct-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Blue Hopper Car Mania...

(...) There now. And 3225s. Latest news is no more 4536s. (25 years ago, 5-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Does anyone accually like 4561?

(...) I guess after the 3rd or 4th yellow raft they become a SPUD, if they appeared in smaller quantities, I wouldn't object. They do look good. I need to get the Bellville set which has a pink one though... (...) (25 years ago, 5-Oct-99, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.reviews)

  Re: Does anyone accually like 4561?

(...) SPUD = Special Purpose, Useless, Decorative. Think yellow rafts from Divers. POOP = Piece Out of Other Pieces. Things that should have been multiple pieces. Think 5-high bricks, angled bricks with double slopes, Town Jr. elements. Steve (25 years ago, 5-Oct-99, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.reviews)

  Re: H & R Trains - Fall Show Pictures

(...) of blue baseplates :) --Todd (25 years ago, 5-Oct-99, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.us.fl)

  Re: Blue Hopper Car Mania...

Hi Greg, Pat Linnero posted a message to rtl and Lugnet on the 13th August about all the great sets that Busy Bee was possibly able to get. I must say that I was surprised by the lack of discussion this info generated, but probably everybody else (...) (25 years ago, 5-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.trains)

  SPUDs and POOPs? (Was: Does anyone accually like 4561?)

[ XFUT lugnet.general and lugnet.faq ] Kya Morden: (...) I can't remember SPUDs either. Steve? POOP = Piece (that can be built) Of Other Pieces Play well, Jacob ---...--- -- E-mail: sparre@cats.nbi.dk -- -- Web...: <URL:(URL) -- ---...--- (25 years ago, 5-Oct-99, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.reviews, lugnet.general, lugnet.faq)

  Re: Does anyone accually like 4561?

(...) SPUDs and POOPs? Special Purpose...stuff... and more stuff.... What are they? Kya (25 years ago, 5-Oct-99, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.reviews)

  H & R Trains - Fall Show Pictures

Hey, Here is some pictures of my LEGO Train Layout form last weekends H & R Trains Fall Show. The show was great, I got first place and made some new friends that have LEGO Trains and would like to link up in the future. Maybe a new Florida Lego (...) (25 years ago, 5-Oct-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Blue Hopper Car Mania...

(...) the list, must have been recent. (...) 2150's won't be long now I don't think. (25 years ago, 4-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Does anyone accually like 4561?

(...) Juniorization is more than just over-reliance on SPUDs and POOPs. It's the dorky design, the missing doors, the lack of realistic details. You know, everything you pointed out as being wrong with the set's design. I've got an old 4.5V tender (...) (25 years ago, 4-Oct-99, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.reviews)

  Re: Blue Hopper Car Mania...

Greg Kramer wrote in message ... (...) I found out about their existance quiye by accident. About a month ago I was trying to find a 4555 Freight Loading Station and happened upon this web page: (URL) I called Busy Bee I was informed that they (...) (25 years ago, 4-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Blue Hopper Car Mania...

(...) A very small part of me wishes I had noticed this so I could pick up 4 or 5 of them, mainly for my own use. Then again, I've never quite gotten into the whole freight train thing, so I don't know what good these would do me with nothing but (...) (25 years ago, 4-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Blue Hopper Car Mania...

Hello there I know that Busy Bee only order 300, I am a BB regular, they also be getting some 2150, 3225 in soon, i think they may be able to get more 4536, but that will have to wait. And i know that one person have order 200 of these hopper cars, (...) (25 years ago, 4-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.trains)

  Blue Hopper Car Mania...

So I know Busy Bee got in a lot (apparently several hundred) Blue Hopper Cars last week (or so)... and they're all gone now. I'm just curious about this phenomenon. Anyone know who found out first, and how? Who's our "patient zero" that started this (...) (25 years ago, 4-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Does anyone accually like 4561?

(...) lot better. It has standard connectors on both FRONT and back instead of that goofy custom hookup on the cargo railway engine. It has a lot of window pieces and I like the black wagons. I have two comments in general about the out-of-the-box (...) (25 years ago, 4-Oct-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 4560 train set.

Mark Harrison wrote in message <37F785EF.6FB2B5E5@o...net.au>... (...) At least we have them in Austria, and I think I saw it in germany as well. They are arround 25% cheaper than the 4561 since the transformator is missing. Mike (25 years ago, 4-Oct-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Does anyone accually like 4561?

I purchased the 4561 as a first train. My only complaint is the train is too fragile for a child to play with. When the side dors are opened on the cars, they come loose from the roof hinges. I added a few peices to beef up the hinges. Mine is (...) (25 years ago, 4-Oct-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Does anyone accually like 4561?

snip (...) Yes. The stickers are stupid. I cut mine off so that they were not stamp'd (...) This is just reverting to a older way of doing things. I have plenty of 1*4 bricks with printed grills on them. James Powell (25 years ago, 4-Oct-99, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.reviews)

  Re: Does anyone accually like 4561?

Yeah - I like it, and my mate Chris (a non-Internet AFOL) does too. I just got my 4561 on Friday and it looks a lot better built than it does in the catalogue. I won't say it's perfect - it has it's good and bad points. The obvious bad point is the (...) (25 years ago, 3-Oct-99, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.reviews)

  Eureka! large drive wheels!

Hi all, Now that my falcon is done (for now...) back to the wonderful world of LEGO trains. My first project, a rebuild of my 4449 Daylight train. The real 4449 is a 4-8- 4 steam engine with Southern Pacific 'Daylight' colors. I think they first ran (...) (25 years ago, 3-Oct-99, to lugnet.trains)

  4560 train set.

Can anyone tell me which countries are selling 4560? Mark H. (25 years ago, 3-Oct-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Does anyone accually like 4561?

(...) of 4559 for parts too...) Th motor frame may come in handy for something, and the 1*3*4 windows (for lack of a better term) are quite handy for making coach bottoms (see my web page for a coach made using them) The cars are jr'ized, and I (...) (25 years ago, 3-Oct-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Does anyone accually like 4561?

I think it is garbage. At least 4559 was remotely usefull for parts but 4561 stinks. I think that 1999 is the first year where trains have been fully junorised -- Jonathan Wilson wilsonj@xoommail.com (URL) (25 years ago, 3-Oct-99, to lugnet.trains)

  NGLTC early pics from Greenbery Show

Hey the show is going great, the larger layout has made life so much easier. Here are a few early pictures from todays show, later this week I'll have some more overview pics and such. (URL) (25 years ago, 3-Oct-99, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Anyone built a curved bridge?

(...) Thanks. Yes, I am the right John;-) (J-2) The numbering system goes like this: John Kelly is actually John Kelly III, hence the J-3 designation. John Gerlach has been around the club longer than I, hence the J-1. I, by default, become J-2. On (...) (25 years ago, 2-Oct-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Anyone built a curved bridge?

Now I get it! The link that Larry gave was direct to the jpeg. When I check the source for the thumbnail page I see that Larry gets a special mention in one of the alt tags. Thanks John, Chris P.S. I really like that 8 wide coach that you are (...) (25 years ago, 2-Oct-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Anyone built a curved bridge?

Check out Paul's thumbnails of the recent GMLTC show. It is the eye around (...) (25 years ago, 2-Oct-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Anyone built a curved bridge?

WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT. Sorry, I feel left out of the loop. Chris (...) (25 years ago, 2-Oct-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: [FS] - eBay - McDonald's Promo set, box only - 25 cents

(...) just (...) I didn't know that - thanks, I was going to buy one of those $40 ones from www.nugator.com - how many of these makes a reasonable size train? Carbon 60 (25 years ago, 1-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.auction, lugnet.trains)

  Re: 7740? Price

Between $450 and $550, depending on completeness especially "DB" stickers. Mark H. (...) (25 years ago, 1-Oct-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 7740? Price

Oh, I should add, I talked the last guy out of selling his just about as he was about to decide to sell it to me. (1) 1 - well sort of, but it makes a better story that way. I have fragments of two different copies of this but don't yet have one (...) (25 years ago, 1-Oct-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 7740? Price

These seem to be worth more than 7745's are... I know I would give you 150 USD for it without blinking very hard and I suspect that's well below market at this time. If you really want to sell it, hold an auction. It's a sweet set. (...) (25 years ago, 1-Oct-99, to lugnet.trains)

  7740? Price

What is the vaule of a 7740? It has a box manual and all parts are complete? -- Please reply on medwards@ukonline.co.uk Home of the UK Technic Club Magazine Web site: (URL) models and going up (25 years ago, 1-Oct-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 4536 Blue Hopper Car Source?

Well, I hope they had more than just the 12 you mentioned, because I ordered 20 of them. They told me to call back and they would let me know how many I got, so I am assuming they are out now and just have to find out how short they are on their (...) (25 years ago, 1-Oct-99, to lugnet.trains)

  H & R Trains Show (Tampa/St. Petesburg area)

Hi all, I'm back with a new PC and ISP and it's show time... The RobStorm Lego Trains Tour will be displaying and competing at the 37th H & R Trains Fall Show on October 1-2-3 (this weekend) in the Tampa/St. Petesburg area of Florida. The all new (...) (25 years ago, 1-Oct-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 4536 Blue Hopper Car Source?

(...) No worries, I have all the time I need, there's no rush. I'm doing fine and there are still some left. Wait till next month. And you'll note that all my listings explicitly say where I got them, although you have to work a LITTLE for the (...) (25 years ago, 30-Sep-99, to lugnet.trains)

  RE: 4536 Blue Hopper Car Source?

Hi, I just called and got 4. Price with shipping about 45 pounds, or $18 each with shipping. A bargain. Thanks much for the phone number. Again, from the US it is 011 44 161-881-3906 Sorry Larry, you'll have to find some other fool, I mean buyer, (...) (25 years ago, 30-Sep-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 4536 Blue Hopper Car Source?

As far as i now there are 3 women and man @ Busy Bee, it must get very busy there as 300 Hopper cars are gone within 3 Days, that must be a craze of these hopper cars, Lego must design more of these Did you know that the 8880 have gone down to £55 (...) (25 years ago, 30-Sep-99, to lugnet.trains)

Michael Edwards wrote in message ... (...) are (...) That is what she told me although things were pretty crazy when I called. At least two people could be heard in the background. I am just hoping that my order did indeed get processed! Mike - (...) (25 years ago, 30-Sep-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 4536 Blue Hopper Car Source?

They have very little now, They also will be tring to get the other sets from Europe, also some 3225 Classic train as the 2150 Station. Is it at the end of October that they are getting them in. They said Lego haven't given them a shipping date yet! (...) (25 years ago, 30-Sep-99, to lugnet.trains)

Jason M Normand wrote in message ... (...) Influx? (...) site. (...) A toy store in the UK by the name of Busy Bee got some old stock from somewhere. Busy Bee will ship to the US but shipping is rather expensive, on my order it was about 40% of the (...) (25 years ago, 30-Sep-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 4536 Blue Hopper Car Source?

Busy Bee. I think they still have some. You can find their number if you search for it here via the web interface. (...) (25 years ago, 30-Sep-99, to lugnet.trains)

  It's Time AFOL Take Action!

Originally this message was about some LEGO train cars. It is time AFOL (`Adult Fans Of LEGO' for the new readers) take action that prompts a change in the business practices of The Lego Group (TLG). This message started out as a posting about some (...) (25 years ago, 30-Sep-99, to lugnet.build, lugnet.general, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.space, lugnet.technic, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Non-standard track connections

John, Larry, Derick... thanks a lot for your help. I think I go with the most impure solutions: electrical tape and exacto knife. This because I don't like to keep the tracks one stud apart. My Lego ethic too doesn't preclude removing parts, after (...) (25 years ago, 30-Sep-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 4536 Blue Hopper Car Source?

(...) Hello Jason; I have just started buying and with LEGO since MindStorms came out. Sadly, I now developed another LEGO addiction after picking up a new LEGO passenger train (forget the set number) the other week. Even more sad is this; the set (...) (25 years ago, 30-Sep-99, to lugnet.trains)

  4536 Blue Hopper Car Source?

Could anyone fill me in as to the source of the 4536 Blue Hopper Car Influx? There seem to be dozens of these floating around in every major acution site. but i am unaware of where all these new sets are coming form. Thanks Jason M Normand The (...) (25 years ago, 30-Sep-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Photos added: Caboose, modified 6561

(...) Yes, I did. Nice interior work, mine is empty. I measured the HO scale caboose to come up with the scale and it is pretty close my model; however, these shots do make it look to tall (I am going to try and get some better shots of these (...) (25 years ago, 30-Sep-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Photos added: Caboose, modified 6561

Interesting caboose. Have you seen mine? It's been around a while and I think I got the height a bit closer. It also has a wide cupola but it is a bit older in appearance due to the window choices I made. (25 years ago, 30-Sep-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Photos added: Caboose, modified 6561

(...) For browsing it is probably very close. On downloads you really notice the difference. - - Scott Smallbeck scotts@contactics.com (URL) (25 years ago, 29-Sep-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Photos added: Caboose, modified 6561

(...) NICE! My 256k DSL is speedy but *that* must be blinding{:^D -John (...) (25 years ago, 29-Sep-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Photos added: Caboose, modified 6561

I keep forgetting to trim things down for speed. I just reloaded all of the images with some compression and saved the page title as a GIF to make the pages come up faster. I'm on a 768k DSL connection so I don't really notice these things. Scott (...) (25 years ago, 29-Sep-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Photos added: Caboose, modified 6561

I have posted some new images to my web page. A couple of pictures of the trolley crossing project, a caboose, and a modified engine from the new train set #6561 (These are on the PROJECTS page). These are the first images I have put up and am not (...) (25 years ago, 29-Sep-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Anyone built a curved bridge?

(...) Yes, I noticed them yesterday and I *like* them{:^D -John (...) (25 years ago, 29-Sep-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Anyone built a curved bridge?

(...) Was hoping you would catch that. Wonder if John has looked at any of the alt tags yet. (...) (25 years ago, 29-Sep-99, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.publish)

  Re: Anyone built a curved bridge?

Gee thanks for the alt tag on this one: (URL) at least it's my good side. Paul Foster wrote: <Gee, Larry IS smart... or at least he knows basic HTML from 2 years back, anyway> Warning: That may not be a completely accurate paraphrase but it's the (...) (25 years ago, 29-Sep-99, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.publish)

  Re: Anyone built a curved bridge?

(...) especially (...) That's still too big! I try to keep thumbnails under 5Kb, usually 1 to 2Kb. My connection's pretty slow... Larger images should be under 10Kb, and I try to keep full size images (640x480+) between 20 and 50Kb. (...) Which (...) (25 years ago, 28-Sep-99, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.publish)

  Re: Anyone built a curved bridge?

(...) I applied the above advice and now the page loads much faster. Thanks Lar, makes me appreciate your score of 1600 [1] much more. Paul [1] See RTL for running flame war reference that Larry is in (25 years ago, 28-Sep-99, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.publish)

  Re: Mindstorms controller trolley crossing

(...) Looking forward to seeing pictures... and movie!... ;-) Don't I wish! Having been able to borrow a digital camera with MPEG movie capability sure has got me wanting one... sigh.... I want to get a credit to Matt Bates in here, too, for my (...) (25 years ago, 28-Sep-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Mindstorms controller trolley crossing

I have just about completed my trolley line crossing. You can read about it and see a diagram at: (URL) to James Mathis for the idea. I will try and get some real pictures up soon. Thanks, Scott Smallbeck scotts@contactics.com (25 years ago, 28-Sep-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Non-standard track connections

(...) I used an exacto saw to remove the metal contact 'nib' from the joint. I put a red 1x2 tile on that piece so I don't lose it (in all my other track). I learned the hard way - trying to find a piece of track among a huge pile! (...) I sawed off (...) (25 years ago, 28-Sep-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Non-standard track connections

(...) John didn't say which question he was answering. As it turns out, this trick works BOTH to electrically insulate track sections AND to let them be mechanically separated. If you only want electrical insulation your options depend on your (...) (25 years ago, 28-Sep-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Non-standard track connections

(...) 9volt trains will jump that gap with no problems at all. You can kind of see it in this picture, between the grey bascule bridge and the adjoining truss bridge: (URL) bascule section drops down 1 stud apart from the 'fixed' section, it comes (...) (25 years ago, 28-Sep-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Non-standard track connections

Hello everybody, I have two problems two solve that I imagine many of you guys solved years ago. I used the Lugnet search engine but wasn't able to find the tricks... 1) How can I electrically insulate a section of tracks, I mean two adiacent tracks (...) (25 years ago, 28-Sep-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Anyone built a curved bridge?

Thanks for the photo, I may want to try something like that. One idea hit me last night but I have to see if the LEGO geomerty works. My idea would be to use those plate hinges; I'm going to build a test model today to see if it would work. Adrian (...) (25 years ago, 28-Sep-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Anyone built a curved bridge?

Some theories: How big are the thumbnails? If they are still pretty big that will slow things down. A thumbnail should be no more than 20K or so, especially if you have scads of them. More importantly, are you using height= and width= tags on your (...) (25 years ago, 28-Sep-99, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.publish)

  Re: Anyone built a curved bridge?

(...) Did I mention how many times it's been down....? }:-V -John (...) (25 years ago, 28-Sep-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Anyone built a curved bridge?

(...) I (...) And you can say that after all the complaining you do about usworst? Paul (25 years ago, 28-Sep-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Anyone built a curved bridge?

(...) *That's* what I was looking for! Never noticed the slow download with my DSL connection <gloat> :-) -John (...) (25 years ago, 28-Sep-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Anyone built a curved bridge?

(...) They never went anywhere. All the pics with "th" are thumbnails. There is an index at (URL) uses all the thumbnails but the stupid page takes forever to load with 53 thumbnails. Never did get back to figuring out why the page loads so slow. (...) (25 years ago, 28-Sep-99, to lugnet.trains)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact