 Trains / 2273
Re: Does anyone accually like 4561?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Mon, 4 Oct 1999 13:42:43 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Jonathan Wilson writes:
I think it is garbage. At least 4559 was remotely usefull for parts but 4561
stinks.
I think that 1999 is the first year where trains have been fully junorised

--
Jonathan Wilson
wilsonj@xoommail.com

I like it.  It is definately better than the Cargo Railway.  The engine is a
lot better.  It has standard connectors on both FRONT and back instead of that
goofy custom hookup on the cargo railway engine.  It has a lot of window
pieces and I like the black wagons.

I have two comments in general about the out-of-the-box lego trains.

1.  The scale of the track seems to be too small to have trains that aren't
juniorized and still get the ratio of height to length looking correct.  I
went back and looked at my pictures from the Billund Legoland, and their
trains are 18 studs wide instead of 6!!

2.  If Lego made perfect trains, it would give us much to do in the way of
improvements.  I seldom leave a set completely unmodified, even if I don't
scavenge it for parts.

Steve Martin
smartin@anlt.com