 Trains / 2278
Re: Does anyone accually like 4561?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.reviews
Date:
Mon, 4 Oct 1999 21:09:57 GMT

On Sun, 3 Oct 1999 23:00:57 GMT, "Simon Robinson" <simon@simonrobinson.com>
wrote:

AS far as being juniorized is concerned. Its appearance may be
unrealistic but no real problems with the bricks.

Juniorization is more than just over-reliance on SPUDs and POOPs.  It's the
dorky design, the missing doors, the lack of realistic details.  You know,
everything you pointed out as being wrong with the set's design.

I've got an old 4.5V tender car (it's the battery box).  Other than the
(big) roof pieces, this car is all one piece, but it is realistically
detailed.  The fact that it is all one piece is bad (but understandable,
since it's a battery box).  In no way would I call this car juniorized.

Steve