 Trains / 2277
Re: Blue Hopper Car Mania...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.trains
Date:
Mon, 4 Oct 1999 18:04:40 GMT

Greg Kramer wrote in message ...
So I know Busy Bee got in a lot (apparently several hundred) Blue Hopper
Cars last week (or so)... and they're all gone now.

I'm just curious about this phenomenon.   Anyone know who found out first,
and how?   Who's our "patient zero" that started this frenzy?   Did they
find out by just a random call to Busy Bee?   Are you a Busy Bee regular
customer?   And just how many sets did we Lego fanatics gobble up?   Was it
really 300?

Just interested in the story behind all this...

-Greg K

I found out about their existance quiye by accident.  About a month ago I
was trying to find a 4555 Freight Loading Station and happened upon this web
page:  http://come.to/busy.bee

When I called Busy Bee I was informed that they didn't have any more 4555
sets but they were expecting in 2150 and 4536 later in the month
(September).  I was interested in both and was told that if I gave them my
name and fax number they would send me a price list when the 4536 sets came
in.

About a week ago when I saw the listing for five 4536 sets on Serious
Collector followed by Larry P's listings on eBay, I figured I better call
Busy Bee and see if that was where they were coming from.  Sure enough they
had a few left so I bought six.

I never did receive a fax from Busy Bee so it is mostly by shear luck that I
was able to order any at all.  Now I am axiously awaiting their arrival.
Mine supposedly shipped last Tuesday.  Anyone received their shipment yet?

Mike - mike_walsh@mindspring.com
http://members.tripod.com/mike_walsh