 Trains / 2263
Re: Anyone built a curved bridge?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Sat, 2 Oct 1999 21:10:17 GMT

Christopher Masi wrote:

Now I get it! The link that Larry gave was direct to the jpeg. When I check the
source for the thumbnail page I see that Larry gets a special mention in one of
the alt tags.

Thanks John,
Chris

P.S. I really like that 8 wide coach that you are holding. (I am refering to the
correct John, aren't I?)

Thanks.  Yes, I am the right John;-) (J-2)  The numbering system goes like this:
John Kelly is actually John Kelly III, hence the J-3 designation.  John Gerlach has
been around the club longer than I, hence the J-1.  I, by default, become J-2.

On the subject of the coach, J-1 and I are currently working on Hiawatha
Locomotives; J-1's is a sixby and mine is an eight wide.  Mine is modeled after the
Atlantic (4-4-2), while John is modeling the Hudson (4-6-4).  He is running into
some design problems because the drivers are so large, making the loco too long and
thus not being able to make certain corners on the layout-- he might have to keep
the Hudson body style and utilize the Atlantic's wheel config (one less driver).  I
also am encountering some problems because the Atlantics had their 84" drivers
shrouded half way down.  My biggest problem, however, is not enough time to
build:-(

-John (J-2)

John Neal wrote:

Check out Paul's thumbnails of the recent GMLTC show.  It is the eye around
which this hurricane of discussion revolves. <poetic license revoked>;-)
http://reality.sgi.com/foster_stco/legopic/nmra/index1.html

HTH,
-John

Christopher Masi wrote:

WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT. Sorry, I feel left out of the loop.

Chris

John Neal wrote:

Paul Foster wrote:

In lugnet.publish, Larry Pieniazek writes:
Gee thanks for the alt tag on this one:
http://reality.sgi.com/foster_stco/legopic/nmra/gmltc51th.jpg

Well, at least it's my good side.

Was hoping you would catch that.  Wonder if John has looked
at any of the alt tags yet.

Yes, I noticed them yesterday and I *like* them{:^D

-John

Paul Foster wrote:
<Gee, Larry IS smart... or at least he knows basic HTML from 2 years
back, anyway>

Warning: That may not be a completely accurate paraphrase but it's the
part I focused on.

lugnet.