 Trains / 2311
Re: What do I need to build a 4547 facsimile?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Sat, 9 Oct 1999 03:23:02 GMT

Kevin Wilson wrote:

Matt Nourot wrote:
I'm looking for help and suggestions on what sets I need to buy to make a
club car that looks like the 4547. I know that the bottom plates of the 4561
are needed, but can anyone tell me where the best place to obtain the windows
and doors may be? I realize that replicas of those exact items are not made
anymore, but what can be used as an acceptable substitute? Any help would be
appreciated.

The main question is, what color scheme do you want? If the same as a
genuine 4547, grey, then you have a problem, because I think (someone
will correct me if I'm wrong <g>) that the grey doors and windows only
came in that set and the Metroliner itself.

Doors yes, windows no.  They are found in numerous sets (without glass:-().  The
gray drop plate can be found in 4549 Road N Rail Hauler.  Clear hinge windows are
tough, but the blue ones come from the 4559 as Kevin said.  If you decided on a
black color scheme, you can now get the drop plate in black from the new 4561.
Internally, the sink and fawcett might be a bust, but there are alternatives
available.  Good Luck:-)

-John

The easiest color scheme is black and yellow - take a look at my black
and yellow club car at
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/kwilson_tccs/clubcar.html

Lowered centre chassis plate and the upper hinged windows come from the
Cargo Railway 4559, and the black doors come from Black Thunder
helicopter. Black windows cn be found in the Cargo Railway and Shark's
Crystal Cavern. All these are recent sets so not too hard to get hold
of.

Kevin