 Technic / 2382
RE: Two original Technic creations
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Tue, 3 Oct 2000 12:33:37 GMT

Jennifer Clark wrote:

I have actually modified another part in my latest creation, the
justification being that I solved the problem with a "pure" lego solution
first; it is just that the modified part is more robust, and actually a
very logical piece. In actual fact I cut a couple of the wide ridged
technic bendy tubes as well, but I don't think that counts :-)

Jennifer,

In light of the recent thread on modifying parts in lugnet.build, I think
you had better come clean and tell us which part you modified, why you
modified it, and how you modified it.

The first step in getting beyond the problem is admitting that you have
one, and this is a perfectly safe place to share...

In all seriousness, I think we may be on to something. Instead of strictly
forbidding the modification of parts, perhaps we should have a system of
graded mods, which can be classified as easy, medium or hard. In this
way, we can make a contribution to TLG by finding uses for modified exisiting
parts - and they might eventually become real parts!!!

Comments?

Cheers,

Ralph Hempel - P.Eng

<http://www.hempeldesigngroup.com/lego/pbForth>

Buy "Extreme Mindstorms: an Advanced Guide to Lego Mindstorms"
<http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/1893115844/hempeldesigngrou>
Reply to:      rhempel at bmts dot com