 Technic / 2383
Re: super cars
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Tue, 3 Oct 2000 12:42:57 GMT

Jennifer Clark <jen@vulture.dmem.strath.ac.uk> writes:

To be honest, I think the only really viable bodywork for those
cars is the type on the 8448; anything else just does not look the
part IMHO.

I think that one could make a brick-based body for an 8448-sized car
-- there are many who have done so and put them on the web and some of
them look great.  But the vast number of parts needed makes such a
vehicle more or less unplayable.  Virtually no kind of LEGO-based
suspension can cope with such a weight and still work realistically.

I'd say that the kind of body one wants to implement depends on what
kind of vehicle one wants to make.  If you're aiming for one which
looks great on the shelf, and even has lots of technical functions,
you can go for the brick based body.  But for a car which is actually
playable, it needs to have a lighter 8448 style body.

Those are my opinions, anyway.  I've tried both paths, and found it
challenging to build both kinds of cars.  The one with a full body
built out of ordinary bricks probably look more impressive on the
shelf.

Fredrik