 Technic / 2499
Re: super cars
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Sat, 14 Oct 2000 18:46:48 GMT

Jennifer Clark <jen@vulture.dmem.strath.ac.uk> writes:

for example, the Fiat on your web site really captures the correct
look.

Thanks!  I must admit, though, that the model was very unplayable.
While it did have a lot of working functions, the weight and bulk of
it implied that it wasn't any fun at all to push along.  For example,
the suspension required a lot of shock absorbers to keep up the weight
of the body.  With all the friction inherent in the shock absorbers,
the car wouldn't handle anywhere like a real car.

And while it had a four speed gear box, I never actually pushed it
along while changing the gears.  It wasn't any fun at all.

But the model stayed on my shelf for a month or so before I
cannibalized it for parts.  It was an interesting challenge to build
it to match the appearance of the real car, while still retaining some
working functions.  But apart from that, I would say it's more
rewarding to try to build smaller models that are more playable.  So
that's what I'm gonna do, I think.

Fredrik