 Technic / 2385
Re: super cars
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Tue, 3 Oct 2000 13:12:38 GMT

"Fredrik Glöckner" wrote:

I think that one could make a brick-based body for an 8448-sized car
-- there are many who have done so and put them on the web and some of
them look great.

That is very true, I had forgotten about that approach, and you are
right, some of them do look great, for example, the Fiat on your web site
really captures the correct look. In a similar but different way, the old
Technic motorbike also achieved this:

   http://www.brickset.com/view.asp?Set=857-1

Those are my opinions, anyway.  I've tried both paths, and found it
challenging to build both kinds of cars.  The one with a full body
built out of ordinary bricks probably look more impressive on the
shelf.

Indeed - and yet there is just something incredible about the implied
surfaces the curves on the 8448 give, particularly on the bonnet. Or
perhaps it is because I am not really a "lego on the shelf person"; as
soon as a model goes on the shelf, I start looking at it with a scrap
merchant's eye :-)

Jennifer Clark