 Technic / 4087
Re: super cars
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Sun, 18 Feb 2001 18:22:31 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Matt Martin writes:

hi all, i was just sitting here looking at my collection of supercars/ auto
chassis and trying to figure out which ( if any) real life autos that they
are patterned after. i have heard that the 8860 is based on the porsche 911.
so i was wondering if anyone had any guesses or theories about any or all of
them. i am of course talking about set #'s 8448, 8880, 8865, 8860, and
956/853 i would love to here what anyone thinks about these. thanks -Matt

The 8880 Super Car always reminded me of the Mitsubishi Eclipse from the mid
'90s.  The debut of the Super Car almost seemed to coincide with the new
body style of the Eclipse.