 Technic / 2267
Re: Two original Technic creations
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Fri, 15 Sep 2000 08:11:03 GMT

Jennifer Clark wrote:

Selçuk Göre wrote:

Jennifer, They are amazing. Jut reminds me the good old days of technic,
when most of the models were both functioning and beautifully looking.

I think that is where I get a lot of my inspiration from, mainly the models
of around 1980 or so, although I definitely prefer the wider selection of
parts available nowadays. A lot of the "if only I had a part which..."
wishes I used to think of back in 1980 have been answered nowadays,
although there is always going to be some extra part one would like...

For the record, that part currently is a proper 8 tooth idler gear.

Jennifer Clark

I'm completely with you for the newly introduced parts. But the majority
of the recent technic sets does not feel right, when looking them as
"models" rather than part packs. Actually, I always consider the sets as
part packs, and I only build the featured model of any set only once in
most cases, then take it apart and include the pieces in to the big
pile. But I love "wow"ing when I completed an official model, and the
new sets steals this pleasure from me, except some really good models of
course. The mid to small size range for the last several years, looks
like just some futuristic idioticity to my eyes..:-(

Selçuk