 Technic / 2259
Re: Two original Technic creations
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Thu, 14 Sep 2000 19:23:02 GMT

John Jensen wrote:

You need a metal hook for the crane? Didn't you have a 8462 stashed away for
reward? You really deserve to be rewarded for these creations, so break it
open and steal the hook, it'll look far better on your crane anyway:)

I do indeed have an 8462 stashed away, but that was bought as an incentive to get
halfway through writing my thesis. Breaking it open now to create more Lego models
would be somewhat counter productive to its purpose of getting me thesis writing
:-)

In any case, the crane is now in Lego Heaven, so the hook would look a bit sad
sitting there on its own :-)

How do
you operate the pneumatics on the loader, does it haul the hoses after it when
operated?

That's right, there is an umbilical containing four pneumatic hoses and two wires
for the motors, held together with cable ties, which all go to a control unit
containing the battery box, compressor and electric and pneumatic switches.

Hmm better get that cylinder finished now, so you can ldraw the thing:)

That would be excellent, I have been looking for this for ages!

These two were recent, you write, do you have some not so recent creations too?

Not with any photographic records, unfortunately, although I do have ideas for
future models...

Jennifer Clark