 Technic / 2257
Re: Two original Technic creations
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Thu, 14 Sep 2000 18:57:14 GMT

Dave Low wrote:

I especially liked the loader -- the remote steering with
the motors is excellent.

Thanks :-) I must confess that the loader is also my personal favourite, although
I am not really sure why at this moment.

The crane also has "remote control" for all its functions except telescoping the
boom, which had to be fixed onto the crane as I only had four long wires, and the
others were used for steering, drive/rotate, hook raise/lower and boom
raise/lower. I prefer "remote control" to having the switches on the vehicle -
obviously it is better for driving, but for other functions as well, where I feel
it gives a more realistic touch to the operation. It also stops "cheating" of the
"hold the model down to stop it falling over" type when playing :-)

Jennifer Clark