 Technic / 2263
Re: Two original Technic creations
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Fri, 15 Sep 2000 00:06:44 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Tom Newsom writes:
Damn! that's good (+every other bit of praise said so far)

I actually made a very similar model to your crane last year, in yellow
it used motors for all funcions except raising the boom, which was pneu.
I used the wheels from (forget number) claw rig. and it had just front
wheel steering. Do check http://www.bath.ac.uk/~ab8ten/lego.htm for two
models i made.

That figures; I pointed out to Jennifer that her designs were good enough that
I would've bought them, and that I had only seen one other person achieved a
similar level of design; combining form and function to a level rivalling
TLC's best.

Then I gave her a link to this wicked 1/2 volume supercar designed by some guy
named Tom Newsom ;) (I only wish you could've used the wheels from the 5571
Black Cat rig or the Millenium Throwbot, or whatever new Lego wheel has the
same diameter as the one you employed).

What is it with you British and your mastery of Technic?!
Brilliant. Both of you.

Mark

p.s. You have a tres bizarre web site. Great stuff.